Third Party Press

Thread: Simson/16 Save

Default Simson/16 Save

Here's a 1916 Simson, that I had to "save" from the old shellac/varn. Bolt mm, but otherwise complete
    Attached Images Attached Images

email => K98@bobinohio.com

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Wow very nice! Based on photo 5 I think those stamps can be beautiful. Good job

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Great rifle! Nice clear acceptance for a beech stock.

I agree, you did very nice work saving the stock. Probably as well as it could have been done.

It is always good to see a rifle fall in the hands of someone who has stock experience, it is easily one of the easiest things to get wrong (and ruin the rifle).

Forum Newbie

Default Simson gew 1916 SAVED

Bob In Ohio:

Ken Brasfield here. I just purchased this Simson GEW 1916 from you on Gun Broker. As I told you I'm not disappointed in this lovely rifle. I've put a handmade correct sling on it as well as a leather recoil pad. I also took care of the remaining varnish as it was very sticky. I also took it apart, cleaned it and lubricated it making it ready for the range. I smeared a light coat of grease on the barrel that is always covered by wood so to keep it in wonderful condition. I was very impressed at the condition of the bluing in those areas. I'm new to this forum and new to C&R collecting but knew enough to buy your rifle. I'm an avid shooter of these old firearms and am very sensitive to their historical significance. I've posted some photographs of the rifle in its new home with new accoutrements. Please excuse the quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images