Third Party Press

bnz 43 Single Rune

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator
Staff member
Picked this up recently off of a guy who had it on gunbroker. Gunbroker didn't like that he said it was built in a concentration camp (which it was not) so they closed his auction. Luckily I had been emailing him so he contacted me and offered it to me off gunbroker at a reasonable price.

Not the best condition but this is a tougher variation to find because it is a Gusen made receiver but still marked with the Single Rune. I'll let MrFarb to a better write up about it. The biggest issue with this rifle is it doesn't have a scope so we'll see if it sticks around.

bnz SS Single Rune (1).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (2).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (4).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (6).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (9).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (10).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (11).JPGbnz SS Single Rune (12).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (13).JPGbnz SS Single Rune (14).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (15).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (16).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (17).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (18).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (20).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (21).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (22).jpgbnz SS Single Rune (23).jpg

What a piece of junk. Based on BC, what's the assumed date of manufacture? Early one?

Ha so thats where this went. I saw it then poof totally gone. Couldn't figure it out. Nice pick up!

Yeah you should definitely just consider parting it out, I need that stock. All kidding aside that is a wonderful rifle! I love how even down to the lock screws they have that typical Steyr screw head finish work. Congrats!

According to the barrel code AO this is relatively early. According to the the expert (if I have this correct) this receiver is when the army was also using bnz 43 receivers so it is likely why they marked this one with a Single Rune to insure that a Gusen made receiver was not used in army production. The Army rifles then start using bnz 4. while SS contracts continue to use the bnz 43. SS Contracts are confusing to track.

Dave Davis posted this on his website which is where I found it. I don't usually search Gunbroker so I got lucky with this one. People always want stupid money for Single Runes.

Beautiful rifle, thank you for sharing it! Are there any other “circle V7” markings elsewhere on the receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if you've over spent at Christmas and seeing it doesn't have a scope I could always alleviate you of that problem rifle. Very nice and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Ken

..Dave Davis posted this on his website which is where I found it. I don't usually search Gunbroker so I got lucky with this one. People always want stupid money for Single Runes.

Great job. I was watching it too and wondered what happened to it. It seems odd the only thing out of place is the rear sight spring? What's the acceptance on that part please? Is it e/77? Can't make it out but that's an odd part to be m/m, at least to me. It's quite lucky that you were already in contact with him when they pulled his auction. :thumbsup:

Oh and if the lack of a scope just drives you crazy I and I"m sure some others would probably happily relieve you of your anxiety. :laugh:

Military Rifle Journal
Back