Third Party Press

Thread: GewehrKollimator duv 41 k98k

Default GewehrKollimator duv 41 k98k

GewehrKollimator Rifle duv 41. k98k.

Not an 'optically sighted rifle" but really does not fit in any other category. The sight was designed to optimize accurate shooting in low light conditions.
    Quoting from the book "karabiner 98k vol lla by Karem and Steves on page 414-415
    "The Gewehrkollimator system existed as a trials platform and was never fully commercialized. Only a handful of modified K98k rifles exist with the modifications required to mount the Leitz device. The known K98k's that were used in the conversions were produced by Mauser Berlin-Borsigwalde and Berlin-Lubecker Maschinenfabrik (BLM)."

This rifle is the exact rifle that is pictured in "Backbone of the Wehrmacht" on pages 330-332 of the authors revised edition. (Rifle on 331)
    The rifle is in an Armorer stock.

** I am hopin that you all will help me in locating the Kollimator that was mfg. by Ernst Leitz, Wetzlar. From the research I have done and with the help of a very good friend here on the forum, there appears to be several more sights that were manufactured compared to the rifles that were modified.
    I know of a sight that was purchased at auction in Germany through Hermann Historica about 10 years ago and through a friend second hand, have been in contact with collector in Europe that says he has 2 but no interest in lettin one go. Its encouraging to know that there are some out there, and I am in the hunt no matter how long it takes.
    So any assistance would be greatly appreciated to say the least.

web page from auction with the gewehrKollimator.......
    https://www.hermann-historica.de/en/...&currentpos=43

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lilallie; 12-16-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Default duv 41 Kollimator

more pics of duv 41 GewehrKollimator rifle
    Last edited by lilallie; 12-16-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Default Gewehrkollimator

Here is a pic of the sight as taken from the
    European auction on the net.

Thanks for posting. My friend found one. He called me and ask should he buy it. I had never seen one. I told him if it looked well done by the Germans, buy it. If it looked like bubba, do not. He made the right decision. Nice looking rifle and very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    Thanks for posting. My friend found one. He called me and ask should he buy it. I had never seen one. I told him if it looked well done by the Germans, buy it. If it looked like bubba, do not. He made the right decision. Nice looking rifle and very interesting.
    Hey thatís very cool. Love to see some pics of your friends rifle.
    Is he in the USA? Like to know
    Mfg, serial number , condition and such. I can only compare my rifle to the rifle in
    The book and research that Karem did.
    Thanks mike for the compliments.
    Iím looking forward to someday locating the sight and gettin history back together.

I hope you find a sight.

My friend sold his to Brock. I briefly saw it at SOS. IIRC it was priced at $12900? It was out of my reach whatever the price was. I think Bruce saw it?

ďNot every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.Ē - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

Very cool. Thanks Ham.

The sight was an experiment in "both eyes open" sighting (such as shotgun targeting) and evidently met with little success or enthusiasm. Refer to pages 54-55 in Training Rifles of Third Reich Germany for more information.

Steve