Third Party Press

BLM receiver “V”

Tiger 2 Tank

Hello and thank you for your thoughts in advance.

Will you turn with me to page 223 in our wonderful book “Kriegsmodell” by Michael Steves and Bruce Karem. Styer-Daimler-Puch section of our reading.

The area of interest is a specific “V” stamp on on the receiver railing area of my super late BLM K.43 qve45 f block rifle:

6E8FAE16-7513-4C9A-9A11-F3905839FC10.jpg69CF16D9-E2D3-4839-AD4B-2342A2218493.jpg

My rifle is the third highest known K.43 to exist (at this time). The “V” stamp in the book I have mentioned is on K.98k bnz45 rifles, seemingly late ones.

So, is this the same stamp used for the same purpose (whatever that purpose was)? Or something totally different?

What say you?

My opinion is they have nothing to do with each other. There are so many process stamps on receivers like this that it's hard to discern what is what, but a marking in that location would be a process stamp to me. It seems to me the "V" on the late bnz rifles surely is a marking to denote items meant for the Volkssturm VK98 program.

My opinion is they have nothing to do with each other. There are so many process stamps on receivers like this that it's hard to discern what is what, but a marking in that location would be a process stamp to me. It seems to me the "V" on the late bnz rifles surely is a marking to denote items meant for the Volkssturm VK98 program.

Thanks. What is meant by “process stamp”?

On the bnz rifles, am I understanding that you think it means for the actual project of VK98 production and not specifically for “Volkssturm use”?

Process stamp means they did a process to the receiver and were marking it so. My d block rifle has the same stamp and I believe it means they removed the second bolt guide by machining it off and therefore wanted to mark it as done.

Thanks. What is meant by “process stamp”?

On the bnz rifles, am I understanding that you think it means for the actual project of VK98 production and not specifically for “Volkssturm use”?

I’m thinking it specifically meant for use in the VG program. I have seen bnz45 stocks marked with a V where the normal Eagle H is, I suspect those are Volkssturm as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen this "V" mark on several later QVE rifles only..in various locations on the receivers.

Has anybody seen this "V" marking on early BLM G/K43s??

Last edited:
I have seen this "V" mark and several later QVE rifles only..in various locations on the receivers.

Are these in machined or rough forged areas? I’m in agreement with Matt on this, likely to denote it as completed or for worker traceability, or possibly a non official inspection of the area while the receiver was in work.

Both. I have one where it is on the rt. side of the receiver.

Would be interesting to see for comparison, I suppose even a stamp in an adjacent location may still be for other machining. Or it may not be for a machining operation at all, could be a forging inspection or hardness check or dimensional etc just thinking out loud here. I’ll check my Qve too, especially where the lug was milled off.

Mine has a “2” in the milled off lug area which seems more typical, I don’t follow G/K’s close but I know I’ve seen that. Also had the exact same font “2” stamped on the bottom of the scope rail after it was milled.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back