Third Party Press

WW2 ship mounted binocculars?

mowzerluvr

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?
My source in Norway stumbled upon these. Anyone here know anything about them, their use and potential value? I know nothing about original optics.

DSC00163.JPGDSC00164.JPGDSC00165.JPGDSC00166.JPGDSC00167.JPGDSC00168.JPGDSC00169.JPGDSC00170.JPGDSC00171.JPGDSC00172.JPGDSC00173.JPGDSC00175.JPGDSC00176.JPG

these are spotters used on the large range finders. I'm sure they may have been used in other applications but, I haven't seen any.

Some are Naval marked.. those are worth more. the optics market has really softened and I can see them selling for more that 1k max right now.

there are always plenty on fleabay for sale. I have owned a couple sets and they are kinda cool to mess around with.

So far not finding an example like these to compare to for an idea of value. Chances are I'll have them here soon anyway and will give them a good look over.

As has been said, they are optics that attach to the very large range finder, used usually for FlaK emplacements....

There are usually several sets listed on ebay, maybe search completed auctions...

Always wanted a set myself, they are cool looking...they'd go nice with the 10x80 binocs...

The rubber brow pad on this set looks pretty well shot unfortunately...

As I said there are usually plenty on fleabay. But, maybe not at the moment ?? They come in grey like this and tan. I have also seen a KM marked set in Sea Green.

Right now they seem to be selling in the 750.00 range. depending on the auction.

So far not finding an example like these to compare to for an idea of value. Chances are I'll have them here soon anyway and will give them a good look over.

Military Rifle Journal
Back