Third Party Press

Civilian Broom Handle, With Stock

GetFuzzy2

This Broom Hadel Mauser is civilian but with that being said, admin can delete or move post. I pick this up a week ago, the women I bought it from, who is in her 70s stated it was her father's. My question is, where can I find information on civilian versions of the Broom Handle and is the brass on the stock original. Sorry about the poor pictures, I took them when I first saw it. Thanks for your time and I'll post more pictures if needed.

Attachments

• 13949.jpg
    13949.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 13953.jpg
    13953.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 13951.jpg
    13951.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 82
Looks to be an exceptional example. The brass moniker is not an original option and must have been applied by the owner or someone else along the line.

I, too, have one sans the brass and, unfortunately, the lanyard ring and stud.....someone, in a Galaxy far, far away, removed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The serial number falls within the 1905 commercial range. Looks like what is known as a "Pre-war commercial." Likely in 7.63mm but some were sold in 9mm Mauser Export (longer, more powerful than 9mm Parabellum) which are not commonly found. An original stock would be serial numbered to the weapon.

English language references, out of print but may be available from used book sources:

Mauser Pistolen
System Mauser
The Mauser Self-loading Pistol
System Mauser

Everyone thank you so much for your help and information, I love this site and members.

Merry Christmas

Military Rifle Journal
Back