Third Party Press

WW2 ammunition brochure

bigwagon

I've had this brochure for about 30 years since I picked it up with a few other German documents. Appears to be a brochure for an ammunition manufacturer from July 1943. I googled the name Ludwig Voggenreiter and the company appears to still be in business as a music publisher. Not sure if there is any interesting information here since I can't read German!

ywxLMJNh.jpg

O7SoVlwh.jpg

r8X7ZxNh.jpg

This is AWESOME! I have never seen such a brochure quite like this! If no one helps out with some translating in the next couple days I’ll enlist my little brother to do it, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

It appears to be a basic reference sheet on various forms of the available ammunition for infantry hand-fired weapons (pistols and MGs). Hard to read the finer print but an overview follows:

Page one- Weapon table 16 from July 1943/five kinds of rounds- ball for combat, ball for practice, blanks, for aiming purpose and training ammunition has four components; brass or steel shell described, primer described, powder described and projectile types including spitzer lead, steel core and tracer (and light versions for practice)

Page two- the lead core spitzer round described, of note it describes sample headstamps and has a green annuling ring on the primer. Part of the description of the Steel-core spitzer round is shared with this and the next page. Of note, the steel core round is mentioned as designed for armored targets and has a red annuling ring.

Page three- the rest of the steel core is seen here, This page describes the tracer round consist, and it also has a red annuling ring. The tip is painted black and the projectile has the rear half filled with a burning material which is visible to about 1000m. In a small box, it describes the lighter practice ammunition has a 5mm green band painted across teh headstamp base.

Page four- describes blank ammunition as made from used casings and given a fibrous/paperlike projectile with wooden core, not to be used at targets less than 25m away to avoid injury. These are marked with green rings on the wall of the casing, one or two depending upon how many times the casing was used. It also describes the training rounds as made from brass or plastic (plastic having a steel base)

Page 5-describes 9mm round P08 and its components, as well as the 9mm practice round. Can't read the details too well. Below it describes the way ammunition is packed and how it is to be stored. Rifle ammunition is packed 5 rounds to a stripper clip, 3 stripper clips to a package, 20 packages to a box, 5 boxes to a case of 1500. MG ammunition is packed the same way but without stripper clips. Blanks are as well packed without stripper clips but may be packed otherwise due to a need for boxes. Pistol ammo is packed in 16 round boxes, 52 boxes into a box and 5 of these into a case of 4160 rounds. Aiming munitions (here looks like .22) are packed 50 to a cardboard box, 10 boxes to a larger box, and 20 of these for 10,000 to a wooden crate. Ammunition cannot be stored loose, it must always be kept on strips, or kept in the correct load direction.

Page 6- describes the aiming munitions further. It also continues the storage descriptions including a safe lockable storage area, dry. If the munitions get wet, they are to be exposed to the air but not direct sunlight. If the cases are tarnishing or dirty, they are to be wiped clean with oilcloth, then with a clean cloth and left with a very light coat of oil. The large box is an advertisement and address of the printing house.

Hope this helps!
Matt

The brochure is not from the ammo manufacturer, Voggenreiter was/is a publishing house. Could have been a brochure on anything, fruit, STDs, etc. they printed on order.

Military Rifle Journal
Back