Third Party Press

Thread: Dou.45 help

Default Dou.45 help

The trigger gaurd was changed when it was sporterized I assume. I want to bring it back to as issued. Any suggestions for parts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That’s the correct TG for a post war assembled Czech proofed Dou45.

A post war Czech or Israeli stock of any sort will do really.

I understand most of the dou.45 rifles were captured by the Russians directly from the factory? I can't find any x stamp or import markings is this common?

This is a postwar assembly by the Czechs from left over parts and was never completed under German occupation as DF stated. It has Czech firing proofs.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

It's the Czech firing proofs that give it away. These were assembled post-war when the factory was reopened and the first rifles used whatever Nazi marked parts were either already assembled or available. The trigger guards are what kept these from being completed since they were 100% dependent on supplied parts from either Oberndorf or Lubeck and those shipments were interrupted. The RCs you reference were in the late e and f block and were nearly complete with Nazi proofs. Yours is k and has Czech proofs.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

czechoslovak K98k with slovakian postwar reciever, mounted in Brno, CS proofed, later sporterised. b.r.Andy

Did any wartime-produced Nazi rifles have the BRNO roll mark on the receiver side rail or are those exclusively post-war? I have a similar rifle with scrubbed receiver. It has the same LO barrel code with DOT13 shield and Czech proofs but also has a Waffenamt on the barrel.

Thanks for all the info it is much appreciated. I can usually hit what I aim at but not with this rifle. The rifling and bore is very nice so I assume the hardware store washers and screws are to blame. Noticed the action was loose in the stock last time I picked it up. Probably should just re-stock it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagon View Post
    Did any wartime-produced Nazi rifles have the BRNO roll mark on the receiver side rail or are those exclusively post-war? I have a similar rifle with scrubbed receiver. It has the same LO barrel code with DOT13 shield and Czech proofs but also has a Waffenamt on the barrel.

No wartime guns have that side rail logo. Many parts were left over and used, most with waffenamt inspections. Also, your serial numbering is postwar, note that the numbers are similar if not exactly “dot” font as that is the postwar assembly location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoulderpain View Post
    The trigger gaurd was changed when it was sporterized I assume. I want to bring it back to as issued. Any suggestions for parts?
    The good news is that if you do want to restore it to "as issued" it will be less expensive and easier than if you were looking for wartime dou. 45 parts. Postwar Czech 98k stocks are occasionally offered on eBay. They are laminated, have the firing pin disassembly hole through the buttplate, and have a bayonet mount with no hole drilled for a cleaning rod. They use bandsprings and not Kriegsmodell wood screws to retain the bands. In most cases they are unmarked and unnumbered.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without