Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Documented WW2 SS sniper rifle"-I'm guessing someone got boned real hard on this one

Default "Documented WW2 SS sniper rifle"-I'm guessing someone got boned real hard on this one

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/793610602

I know next to nothing about WW2 German 98k snipers, but this one just looks and smells bad to me, and the description sounds like a dung-heap size pile of b.s.

The same place has a bogus Swede m/41B sniper rifle with a b.s. description:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/794312455

Someone is getting bent over hard, raw, and dry to the tune of almost $1,900 for this steamer. Hell, I had a bunch of real Swede WW2 era m/41 rifles that didn't sell for a lot more than that.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Well I'll keep my pie-hole shut on this post but if Dave is watching he 'might' have something to say. I don't want to speak for him but you 'might' find some comments on his site.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Who has a 12 day buying window and does NO research on what they're about to drop $xK on? Really?
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

This rifle is totally fake. So yes, someone lost a lot money. 99.9% of Objective Mounts are fake. This mounting system was one of the most popular commercial mounts of the time. And very few military examples still exist today.

Default No chance

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    This rifle is totally fake. So yes, someone lost a lot money. 99.9% of Objective Mounts are fake. This mounting system was one of the most popular commercial mounts of the time. And very few military examples still exist today.
    The buyer who is not deeply involved in the hobby was certainly seduced by "provenance". When something is in a book it HAS to be correct...... I am actually surprised it didn't go higher. Cors had deep pockets and some knowledge and he became a magnet for dealers to dump on....

He didn't make a big profit on this he actually lost about $600 or more. According to Dave the rifle was bought for $5,125. But you have to add in the almost 20% in buyer's premium and taxes. Which would make that rifle purchase over $6000 for Commonwealth. And now it sold for barely $5500. But wait there's more GunBroker takes their percentage of your sale as well. So if you factor that he's lost almost $1,000.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    ..if you factor that he's lost almost $1,000.
    So you're saying there is a happy ending?

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    So you're saying there is a happy ending?
    Well my thinking is like that sound they played in cartoons when something bad happened to somebody when they fell off a cliff or something. You know basically the tone basically said you're an idiot and haha.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

So he bought a rifle, found out that it was a fake and then listed it on GB with BS, misleading description to pass it onto somebody else. I never bought anything from RIA, but don't they guarantee that items are what they claim them to be? So if you buy from them something that turns out to be a fake, you have to eat it, yes?

Jack