Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Documented WW2 SS sniper rifle"-I'm guessing someone got boned real hard on this one

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tokarev38 View Post
    So he bought a rifle, found out that it was a fake and then listed it on GB with BS, misleading description to pass it onto somebody else. I never bought anything from RIA, but don't they guarantee that items are what they claim them to be? So if you buy from them something that turns out to be a fake, you have to eat it, yes?

Jack
    I believe there was a post here the other day about a G41(M) bought through RIAC that had issues and ultimately returned. That was the first time I had heard of that.

[QUOTE=tokarev38;256205]So he bought a rifle, found out that it was a fake and then listed it on GB with BS, misleading description to pass it onto somebody else. I never bought anything from RIA, but don't they guarantee that items are what they claim them to be? So if you buy from them something that turns out to be a fake, you have to eat it, yes?

No I'm thinking he bought a rifle hoping to flip it for a bunch of money. He buys a lot of rifles from Big auction houses.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?

Common Wealth bought this Dung Pile believing the BS that RIA permeated about said item and was thinking he could make a Bundle on Resale. Buyer should have done some investigating before hand . Serves him right , Greed is an Evil Companion .

As far as RIA return/return policy , Never Expect or hope they will give You a refund if a MISTAKE has been made . Again best advise doYour homework about the item your planning to bid on . RIA is in the Business to SELL the DO NOT CARE if its 100% Original or NOT .

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

I have 1 RIA bought K98. I took a chance knowing what the risks were. It is a duffle cut bringback where they obviously lost the front end of the cut. The front piece of wood doesn't exactly match in color and the front band is obviously bogus. Still a great Erma rifle and I can't complain too much but still.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by jack944 View Post
    The buyer who is not deeply involved in the hobby was certainly seduced by "provenance". When something is in a book it HAS to be correct...... I am actually surprised it didn't go higher. Cors had deep pockets and some knowledge and he became a magnet for dealers to dump on....
    I agree. before this post, i would have believed if it was in a book it was vetted and known.
    This is another learning for me on how challenging this hobby can be....

fortunately, for me, my pockets are nowhere near that deep

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 40caliber View Post
    ..fortunately, for me, my pockets are nowhere near that deep
    Well the good side is that will keep you from making high dollar mistakes. Some of the older 'vetted' stuff turned out to be not so original as more eyes got on it.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"