Third Party Press

1940 WKC bayonet worth?

Found this WKC 1940 bayonet and scabbard today. Shop owner said it was on consignment and was to do more research to find it's worth. Found matching numbers to bayonet and scabbard. Found 2x Waffenampt stamps where what seemed to be the tops were cut off due to being stamped on edge of bayonet handle. Didn't get those in pictures. Scabbard has dent in it. Finish is even for both; worn. Bayonet blade is smoothish but has rough spots. Not perfect.

Thanks for your time!

wNkhr2H.jpg

iHVefnp.jpg

YunzqHP.jpg

zAkeOc3.jpg

Hello,
I'll leave her there. She's not in good condition.
The blade has been sharpened.
You will find others in better condition.

Regards

I agree with Aws. But, if you must have it, $50.00. $75.00 tops and that is only because it is matching and has some blue left. Really not much else going for it.

WkC 40 is wrongly way added to scabbard, as serials should be under it bayonet/scabbard, the blade was sharpened which is minus on value. b.r.Andy

Wkc

I think Andy means the bayonet is backward in the scabbard. The serials should be on the same side. Release button and scabbard stud on the same side. And 75 is absolute maximum, and you will not get your money back for it if you try to sell it at 75.

I have a few like that, but mostly in years/makers that are hard to find. WKC40 is pretty common.

If you are just looking for an example of a K98, it will work. If you are thinking of beginning a collection, wait for the next one.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Not hellbent on picking this exact one up. Just saw it and the shop owner was clueless as I am. As far as the scabbard being wrongly oriented; I think I just put it back on wrong. I acquired a Vet Bring Back DOU 44 in excellent shape and just want a nice bayonet to match it eventually. Year would be ideal but time period overall and finish wear as well. Thanks for the help.

Hold out for a 44 dated bayonet if you want one to go with your DOU 44. To me it seems like there are more 44 dated bayonets available in the U.S. Watch the forum trader. There are also online dealers who have 44 dated S84/98 III bayonets if you need one now.

Military Rifle Journal
Back