Third Party Press

Thread: New G/K43 Youtube video

Default New G/K43 Youtube video

I have watch this guy's channel for awhile now really does some pretty good videos. Thought he brought some good points about the G/K43 rifle before shooting them. Talking about getting new springs and the adjustable gas system. Worth checking out IMO

"Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Good video of that ac45 d block. Wish he would have rapid fired a clip just to see that happen. Crazy crack in that receiver but still shoots on.

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

Interesting video, 100% from a shooter perspective.

How accurate is his comment about using stripper clips to reload later in the war on the K43 and SVT?

Thank you for sharing the video!

From a shooting perspective I agree, a good video. He was clueless in his talk of finishes and "battlefield guns". His SVT is dialed in at the end though!

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdibbs88 View Post
    From a shooting perspective I agree, a good video. He was clueless in his talk of finishes and "battlefield guns". His SVT is dialed in at the end though!
    I guess I felt like being nice this morning, so thank you for saying that. A few points in the video he lost me with the stuff that sounds like the banter I overhear at gunshows.

His History and technical information is terrible. The main walkaway though is that it drives home the fact that you need to educate yourself, not rely on these guys. That applies from both a historical AND end user perspective. Unfortunately, some take these kinds of videos as gospel simply because they are popular. We live in a high school world. I will admit though, I usually enjoy watching his videos although this one was a bit painful to watch.
    Some P38 "experts" are yo-yo's who, for some reason lost on me, can't or won't accept the truth when it's staring them in the face.

The G/K43 have a very distinct sound when fired, even more distinct from a distance. It came out pretty good in this video.
    He pretty much lost me when he started talking about a K41. I'll give him credit for emphasizing on installing a shooter kit.

Less cringy than most, but still cringy.

Like everyone said great video for a shooters perspective as a collectors perspective no. Still better video then most and telling people to put the adjustable gas system in these rifles. Will save more of these fine rifles for the future collectors.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers