Third Party Press

Thread: Tgf 1950

Forum Newbie

Default Tgf 1950

I came across one the other day. It's a TGF 1950 with an Iraq mark on the receiver. I don't see any EG markings. The gun is 90-95% condition with bluing the same. NON matching numbers. I have been trying to do some research for the past few days and can not find much on what a rifle like this is worth, even ball park value. Anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance. This is the only picture I thought to grab.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As a mismatch, about as much as any Czech postwar 98k. They are kind of uncommon, but in well used and mismatched form I would not consider them to be a top tier collectible rifle. I guess just try to imagine what you would want to pay for the rifle if it had no markings in that condition. Maybe add $50 on top of that for the novelty of the tgf marking.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

Forum Newbie

7-800 seem about right in your opinion?

Seems high to me.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

agreed I have walked away from several mis match TGF 1950

Some export went from CS directly to Iraq or Syria probably, so it could have been wout GDR marking.The proofing is later and it was used in CS Army. b.r.Andy