Third Party Press

G43 scope mount

Hchon3

Can anyone explain to me how to tell if a g43 scope mount is a repro, and how much do real and reports go for? Thanks for the help.

Can anyone explain to me how to tell if a g43 scope mount is a repro, and how much do real and reports go for? Thanks for the help.

Repro mounts go for about $150, real mounts for about 10x that.
You need to compare repro mounts against real mounts showcased on this web site. After a while of looking at them and reading the discussions, you will find out what sets them apart.
Telling you point blank what the differences are will only benefit the fakers who are generally too lazy to do their homework. After all, you could be a faker yourself in search of info for making your repros better, right? Just kidding, but I guess you're getting my point.

BTW, your mount is a repro. Injection molded.

Thank you for the reply, I have the chance to buy the mount at an auction I am currently at but just didnt know enough about it.

I agree with GunK. It is difficult to explain in a post what a real one looks like. I will say that once you have a good idea of what a real one should be like then they are easy to spot. Feel free to check out a website I created where I go into detail on the G43. Link is in my signature line. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply, I have the chance to buy the mount at an auction I am currently at but just didnt know enough about it.

If possible, please post a picture of the mount for vetting. Currently, all mounts on ebay.com are fake except for the ground dug rust bucket. All mounts on Gunbroker are fake except for the over priced one with (IMO) fake sun shield.
The ZF4 rig at Rock Island auction seems to be real, judging by the single picture.

I will play for it till a certain degree, but if the price gets to high I am out especially knowing it's a repro. If I do win I will post more pictures.

Military Rifle Journal
Back