Third Party Press

Most valuable K98

WAZUP13579

I am fairly new to collecting WWII memorabilia (mostly German) and especially like k98's, so this may seem like a dumb question. What is arguably the crown jewel of K98's. Either the most rare or desirable. I know condition is 99.99% of the value but just in general. For example in 1911's the most valuable are Singer's and more so North American Arms. So what is the most valuable or desired K98 minus snipers?

If your saying the holy grail. Meaning the rarest of a standard K98k rifle by year and by manufacturer. I can think of only one rifle. Granted there are many other extremely rare K98k rifles such as a 1939 337, S42/K, S27/G, etc. But this is the rarest out of all of them because only one is known. And its only a Russian capture K98k rifle not an all matching bringback or a partial matching bringback.

And that rifle is a 1936 BSW.

Isn't only one 1936 bSw known to have survived? I've looked for years on google and never found a picture of it.

Isn't only one 1936 bSw known to have survived? I've looked for years on google and never found a picture of it.

The owner is in Russia, he sent me photos for the book with very limited rights for duplication or I’d post it here. I thought he posted it here, maybe someone has it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back