Third Party Press

so what's the best book ?

40caliber

So i am loving the Karabiner books. I have an interest in G/ k43s and trying to learn more.
what's the best book out there for this? Is it Hitler's Garands? or is there another one on the same caliber as the authors /owners of this forum ?

thanks in advance.

Right now Hitler's Garand is the only one. Weaver is currently working on a new edition.

Hitler's Garands is it. In addition, I would recommend to go to page 1 of this forum and start reading every thread possible. Look through the picture reference forum for G/K43s as well. I wish I was around for the G/K43 forum.

Peter Senich "The German Sniper" discusses the rifle and Claus (https://claus.espeholt.dk) also examines the rifle in detail but Weaver has the best book. Weaver even admits that there were some errors and gaps in his initial project, hence a second edition in the works.

As others have said above, “Hitler’s Garands” is oddly it.

If only a book on the G.41....volume one and the G/K.43 volume II would exist.....maybe authored by Bruce Karem and Michael Steves?????? Imagine those two volumes in our reference libraries.

There was copy of Hitler’s Garands on eBay just a couple days ago. Might still be there. It’s well worth having and can be expensive. Expect a couple hundred as a starting price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was copy of Hitler’s Garands on eBay just a couple days ago. Might still be there. It’s well worth having and can be expensive. Expect a couple hundred as a starting price point.

Thanks, it seems gone now, That's ok, i am working through the Karabiner set at the moment but will keep my eye out!

Hitler Garands is considered the most "complete" book. They go quicker than you can get an email alert on eBay--it's crazy. Someone got extremely lucky and got one for $60.00 (unheard of), otherwise expect to pay between $250-300.

Got mine off gunboards, guy posted it and I grabbed it within an hour. Just be patient you'll find one.

Weaver is working on a new set breaking it down into 2 books, so G41 will get its own book. Simpson is going to be selling it. I see him at the Houston show every time and we’ve talked about it.

Weaver is working on a new set breaking it down into 2 books, so G41 will get its own book. Simpson is going to be selling it. I see him at the Houston show every time and we’ve talked about it.

Simpson is at every SOS/NGD since I can remember. Hopefully this year is no exception. Very nice man with much knowledge. That said, every gun he gets, he does not know all, sometimes a plus as he sold two Hungarian M52s as PUs for $1500 when marketed value was $2500 and PU was $800. I got a Commercial/Military M1911A1 from him/Delbert(gone now and his 1911 expert, and he pretty much was) affordable and worth a lot today. Very pleasant man, not so much his son(probably a lack of passion unlike his dad's whom is a true collector). They should be in both shows. Hold your wallet for more opinions, based more on cost than fakery. We have done quite a bit of trading and buying/selling. I will be happy to accompany member friends over to his table, it will likely help.

Do you know when this is about to be published?

Hello,

I also donated my G41 all variants and G/K43 database to Weaver also which is a little over 1900 observations. Hopefully it helped his cause.

later
vaughn

Hello,

I also donated my G41 all variants and G/K43 database to Weaver also which is a little over 1900 observations. Hopefully it helped his cause.

later
vaughn

Lol, you think? How did you collect so much info?

At this moment I don’t know if I would buy one. I sold my copy a few months back and did alright money wise on eBay. Once the new edition comes out the current ones will be out of date and cheap to come by. Unless you just have an attachment to it I’d consider moving your old one before too much longer.

I'll sell mine for $225 shipped if anyone is interested. I sold my G43 and will most likely not buy another.

Military Rifle Journal
Back