Third Party Press

JP Sauer & Sons K98 Mauser. Not sure if price is worth it at all though....

There is a vendor that's selling a JP Sauer & Sons K98 Mauser. Seller's description says that it's "1943 Dated with some matching numbers. Excellent functioning and a beautiful bright bore. No cracks in the stock and No import marks."
The asking price of this firearm is $1200. I have no experience/knowledge about the K98ks and such. That's why i'm here to hopefully be pointed towards the right direction. pictures are in the links. Its not much at all to look at. Still trying to get more pictures from the seller. Time zone is the issue for me right now.

Attachments

• 9237700_01_wwii_ww2_k98_mauser_bring_back_640.jpg
    9237700_01_wwii_ww2_k98_mauser_bring_back_640.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 9237700_02_wwii_ww2_k98_mauser_bring_back_640.jpg
    9237700_02_wwii_ww2_k98_mauser_bring_back_640.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 9237700_03_wwii_ww2_k98_mauser_bring_back_640.jpg
    9237700_03_wwii_ww2_k98_mauser_bring_back_640.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 92
Could be a scam, could be legit. If it's the same seller from Ohio, he wasn't able to sell it for $1,199.99 on Gunbroker so now he tries $1,200 on Armslist where he has no final auction fees like on Gunbroker?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/793922149

Gunbroker seller lied. It's not a bring back. Look at the number on the butt stock.

"Some matching numbers"???

Probably not worth near $1200 based on that...

Looked at GB Link...now way near worth $1200...looks like bolt, TG and floorplate mismatch at a minimum, stock looks sanded and some sort of finish on it....

I'd say $600-$750 tops, and I wouldn't want it for more than $500...

Oh, and thanks to Gunkraut, saw the RC number on stock, now I'd say its a $600 gun tops, wouldn't touch it for more than $400...Its junk, stay away...

ETA If you were willing to consider spending that kind of money on the rifle you posted, here is a much better deal...this is a nice looking rifle, with an original sling, and only bolt mismatched...and being posted on this board, you wont get screwed, because the guys on this board are top notch, and if anyone posted a bad one, it would be called out so fast it would make your head spin....

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?34561-WTS-byf-44

Last edited:
Looked at GB Link...now way near worth $1200...looks like bolt, TG and floorplate mismatch at a minimum, stock looks sanded and some sort of finish on it....

I'd say $600-$750 tops, and I wouldn't want it for more than $500...

Oh, and thanks to Gunkraut, saw the RC number on stock, now I'd say its a $600 gun tops, wouldn't touch it for more than $400...Its junk, stay away...

ETA If you were willing to consider spending that kind of money on the rifle you posted, here is a much better deal...this is a nice looking rifle, with an original sling, and only bolt mismatched...and being posted on this board, you wont get screwed, because the guys on this board are top notch, and if anyone posted a bad one, it would be called out so fast it would make your head spin....

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?34561-WTS-byf-44

Right on! If you want a nice legit gun as an entry K98 you would be hard pressed to do better than the gun in the trader that pzjgr linked, right here on this forum. That other gun is at least a Frankengun, made out of who knows what. I would suggest jumping on the gun in the trader and walking away from the Sauer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..looks like bolt, TG and floorplate mismatch at a minimum, stock looks sanded and some sort of finish on it....

At a minimum is right. It's bad.. and for 1200? Ridiculous. That RC stock doesn't even match. Oh and of course some noob is now the 'proud' owner at 1200. :facepalm:

No connection to Peter but as was pointed out that is a pretty nice rifle for sale. And no surprises.

Military Rifle Journal
Back