Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Class Act: byf43 d-block

Default Class Act: byf43 d-block

Put a top notch Mauser back in my collection. I held out for a nice mid war example; so I've now 4 K98s from a high of 20. Oh well, life goes on.

This is from the collection consigned to HWLRN Ohio Ordnance.

I noticed there is no "d" block in the pic stickies....there is "c", "e", "f", "k", and "l". I think this might be a suitable example.

Undated laminate stock, stamped matching in channel and hand guard. Brightest inside stock I've ever seen. Did the outside originally look like this? Original sling "emr42" (I think). Small of and the keel of the stock e/135 proofs

Should I put leather conditioner on the sling to preserve it? It's dry, but not brittle.

Full bolt serial numbers, bands (front is speed milled with dull finish), rear sight, ejector box, TG (milled), FP (milled), sear

One e/135 proof on top of and right receiver. Front sight base is double: e/ and e/140

Unnumbered cleaning rod, screws, bayonet lug, cross bolt, take down disc, butt plate, front sight blade, trigger

Barrel code 43D28. My late byf43 21K no-letter-block was only marked as "R", and the stock dated 12/27/42.

Very little wear on muzzle, crown, and bolt face.

t
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by plymouthmauser; 01-09-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    The Universe is Change, Life is Opinion. Emperor Marcus Aurelius, A.D. 173
    Bun-San 2009-2017

More pics; if I missed something. let me know.

My wife became employed today, so she is VERY happy.

t
    Bun-San 2009-2017

Quote Originally Posted by plymouthmauser View Post
    Undated laminate stock, stamped matching in channel and hand guard. Brightest inside stock I've ever seen. Did the outside originally look like this? Original sling "emr42" (I think). Small of and the keel of the stock e/135 proofs
    Not uncommon for stock channels to be very bright like that. No the outside wouldn’t have been raw and bright like the channel, but I don’t like that stock finish. That one has been re-stained.

Also, I’d just leave the sling be, or maybe try to even the color out some. Looks like a nice sling

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

Wow is that a nice rifle!! Love the gray sear and blued trigger, I’m intrigued by those. I like the “bounce” in the serial numbers in the sear too. Fantastic rifle!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a big bounce on the first digit of the bolt....superman....or someone was having a bad day.

t
    Bun-San 2009-2017

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

There is a big bounce on the first digit of the bolt....superman....or someone was having a bad day.

t
    Haha now I see that yes! Perhaps a Monday or a Friday rifle, like people joke about with cars! Still, these honest and original things lend a human touch to a sometimes cold subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go:

879 emr saddle Adelbert Fischer Guttstadt (RU) 1941

t
    Bun-San 2009-2017

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

It looks like you got a nice example there. He was selling some really high end rifles. Congrats

Adelbert Fischer Guttstadt
    For those who track such things, how rare are these slings made in WW2? I've seen WW1 slings by them before and they were big on holsters. I have not seen K98k slings by them. Some nice info about the firm here. http://luger.gunboards.com/showthrea...nd-Mauser-HSC)
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

3 weeks after my heart attack, and I’m strong enough to bring out my new, mint, and matched byf43 Mauser

52F, but ice still on the range. Crummy ‘53 Yugo, but it’s all I had. Definitely need new glasses; very hard to see the target. A real sweet rifle.

t
    Last edited by plymouthmauser; 02-04-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Bun-San 2009-2017

Nice looking rifle, and very glad to hear you are doing well! I hear you on not seeing so well. I have a hard time sighting with anything other than peep sights or a scope these days.