Third Party Press

dsm 34 simson

I would say that it was early production but I am not next to my training rifle book. It is certainly earlier than the two I own. The sight modifications would kill the rifle for me. I didn’t see a picture of the serial number, last three digits, on the bolt handle root. Not sure how hard they are to find in Europe. The added sight on the rifle probably has value to people who collect that field.

s/n is 124836

from what the owner told me is that this rifle was brought back from stuttgart in 1945 by his dad and he's kept it ever since, it has fired about 200 times since 1945. the sight modifications were made back in 45 or before.

Based on the serial number it would be a very early version of the DSM. The factory was later changed over to BSW. My BSW DSM has a serial of 126XXX, so you can see how close this one is to the time the Simpson factory was changed over to BSW.

Given all of that, it was probably manufactured around 1934ish.

As said above, cannot tell if it has matching parts or not from the pictures but it does have a stacking rod, which is good.

The metal is in good condition, but the receiver is tapped and there is the extra peep sight added, which is probably not original. Not sure about the sling.

Military Rifle Journal
Back