Third Party Press

Concerned about a G43 that'on sale..

There is a G43 with "ZF 4 sniper scope and mount." The seller is asking for $1,100. Not sure if this is a 'fake,' or if i may potentially get scammed; this is why I brought my concern to the forum to see if there is anyone that will give me some pointers about the firearm and the sale. That and I lack the knowledge/info about these WW2 German Rifles.

This is what the seller put in the discription about the sale of the firearm: "German G43 semi auto rifle in 8mm Mauser (7.92 x 57) caliber that has the “ac 44” code on the receiver for production by Walther in 1944. Rifle is NOT import marked and has matching serial numbers on the receiver and bolt. Stock serial number is not visible. Rifle is complete with guaranteed original ZF 4 sniper scope and mount. Mount is a late war type, with rounded edges and standard locking lever. Marked with a Waffenamt 214 proof.Scope is marked with code “ddx” code production by Voigtlander, and has a blue triangle indicating manufacture with cold weather grease. Scope has the “double engraved” markings of “K43” along with “Gw Z F 4”.payment MO,These “double markings” appear throughout “ddx” production but are scarcer before serial number 62xxx. This scope is #54xxx. Scope has nice clear optics and original reticle. Nice original blue metal finish. Rifle has original gray phosphate and blue metal finishes showing light normal wear.Complete with original rainshield and leather lens covers.Bore is very good with strong rifling. Stock has been sanded and refinished. Nice smooth even color. Handguard has an unusual “notch”. Underside of buttstock and underside of wrist each have a faint Waffenamt. Rifle is complete with correct original cleaning rod, front sight hood, and leather sling. Sling is in very good condition. Leather is soft and supple with some scattered flaking."

Thank you in advance for anyone that replied back

Attachments

• 9343397_01_german_g43_semi_auto_rifle_640.jpg
    9343397_01_german_g43_semi_auto_rifle_640.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 9343397_02_german_g43_semi_auto_rifle_640.jpg
    9343397_02_german_g43_semi_auto_rifle_640.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 9343397_03_german_g43_semi_auto_rifle_640.jpg
    9343397_03_german_g43_semi_auto_rifle_640.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 62
Wow, the Armslist seller knows every detail about G43 and ZF4 production. But then he doesn't seem to know that scopes alone go for $500 - $600, original rain shields for $500, original dust covers for $200, original mounts go for about $1,500. Geez, at $1,100 he's basically throwing a matching late war phosphate G43 in for free. What could possibly go wrong?
Is that a grey blanket in the background? "Armslist" should only be used FTF, no money order and shipping shenanigans.

Wow, the seller knows every detail about G43 and ZF4 production. But then he doesn't seem to know that scopes alone go for $500 - $600, original rain shields for $500, original dust covers for $200, original mounts go for about $1,500. Geez, at $1,100 he's basically throwing a matching late war phosphate G43 in for free. What could possibly go wrong?
Is that a grey blanket in the background?

I'm not sure about the grey blanket in the background. But what concerns me is that the owner seems to be knowledgeable about the rifle, but yet is selling it for his asking price of $1,000. That's why i'm not sure if its a joke/potential scam against the buyer.

Agree. Looks like a classic example of your typical scam, so common these days. Pretty sure that rifle was sold by the "Grey Blanket Vendor" a while back and somebody just stole the pictures and description and posted it for sale, over and over..just waiting for some collector hoping to get their killer deal.

If it is too good to be true (especially on the internet)...well, something is very wrong. Yes, we all get good deals at times, but rarely.

Did you put that description into Google and see if it was copied from somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the grey blanket in the background. But what concerns me is that the owner seems to be knowledgeable about the rifle, but yet is selling it for his asking price of $1,000. That's why i'm not sure if its a joke/potential scam against the buyer.

The grey blanket is the hallmark of Gunbroker seller "sreisel" from Florida. He always presents his rifles the same way, always on a grey blanket, always on Gunbroker. If you see these pictures anywhere other than Gunbroker and with seller location other than Florida, you know it's a scam.

Almost as bad as the all matching G41 I saw for sale on armslist for $2500. An over $5000 rifle half off what could go wrong.

So I looked through the page of the seller multiple times, and now the person has been flagged as a potential scam. So I guess that solves the issue if its real or not

Did you put that description into Google and see if it was copied from somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the scammers' latest tactics is to wait 3 months after the pictures have been stolen from Gunbroker for the auction to disappear from Gunbroker (and Google). Then they list on Armslist.

Another hint: If a seller on Armslist offers several items for sale and every item has been photographed with a different background, it's most likely a scam. A "normal" seller takes almost all pictures in the same setting, there isn't a grey blanket for one rifle and a blue tarp for another rifle.

The grey blanket is the hallmark of Gunbroker seller "sreisel" from Florida. He always presents his rifles the same way, always on a grey blanket, always on Gunbroker. If you see these pictures anywhere other than Gunbroker and with seller location other than Florida, you know it's a scam.

Larry (sreisel) is from Copenhagen, NY not Florida.

If your using chrome browser you can right click > open image in new tab, then right click > search Google for image. Once you do that it will bring up a search page, sometimes it won't find it... if it doesn't you can put in some text string to see if it picks it up. That's how I have found scams before.

One day I saw one of my rifles for sale on Sterm ! Had to go check the safe and make sure it was still safe and sound. Ad was pulled before I could contact the web site. Someone else must have flagged it.

One day I saw one of my rifles for sale on Sterm ! Had to go check the safe and make sure it was still safe and sound. Ad was pulled before I could contact the web site. Someone else must have flagged it.

now that would be a little scary, , LOL

Military Rifle Journal
Back