Third Party Press

g41 duv43

tbied2

hey, been having doctor problems lately; but, i was able to go to the ogca show on saturday. last year i bought five rifles, but only one keeper. now;... 2019 started good. there was this 41 rifle at the next table. after about five hours of price discussions, it came home with me. i kinda lean towards the ac's , but this duv was pretty good. it is an early G41 duv43 rifle. very good shape with a hardwood stock, black handguard, ground rear band & the bolt flaps have the ball retainers. took it apart and cleaned up nice. all numbers match & the stock is un-sanded & overall condition is top notch. a few quick pics attached....
035_zpsvf7p2ajj.jpg

017_zpsoi1mjsbq.jpg

007_zps0tzbpezm.jpg

Great rifle Terrill, too bad we haven’t seen a walnut 98k show up out of Lübeck! This is good and early, have to wonder if there was a delay getting the blank supplier to deliver appropriately sized blanks for this new rifle or something? Any other walnuts known?

Yes it was a very nice rifle I got to see it as well over the weekend. You know Terrell did not lay off trying to get that rifle from the guy that had it. I applaud him for his efforts mainly because it would have tore him up if he missed out on it! I did tell him he could trade the guy for his rifle in exchange for one of his g41m rifles! He didn't like that idea which I can't blame them. Was pretty funny though!

Also want to add this rifle looks a hell of a lot better in person. Really it has a very nice walnut stock happy for you man good deal. And always good to see you as well!

I wouldn't be surprised if this stock was supplied by Walther. It is super early for DUV. Nice looking rifle.

Looks to be a super nice rifle. A new one for my serial number data base. She’s mixed in with laminated stocked rifles. G.41 duv43 #1492 is solid hard wood stock, #1859 is laminated, #2837 is laminated. So yours so far looks like it’s the highest solid wood stocked G.41 duv43 in my listings.

I knew the Walthers did but this was the first BLM I had seen, pretty neat. If it was Walther supplied it would be proofed, seeing most of that keel it doesn’t appear to be.

. on this duv43 rifle, they were probably using a few parts from walther when they got started.

y%20017_zpsaeskf8z6.jpg

i also have a duv43 that is number 130 that i got from mel smith with a walnut stock, and have number 6575h that is right at the end.

Last edited:
. on this duv43 rifle, they were probably using a few parts from walther when they got started.

y%20017_zpsaeskf8z6.jpg

i also have a duv43 that is number 130 that i got from mel smith with a walnut stock, and have number 6575h that is right at the end.

Let us know if there are any e/359 stamped parts.

G.41 duv43 #6575h is the highest BLM G.41 reported......except!, there is actually an i block rifle out there somewhere that was reported to Claus Espeholt. It was a “receiver only” gun and the collector confirmed it was an “i” block.

So, you have G.41 BLM rifles on both ends of the spectrum! Not many collectors can say that. Would be neat to see the two together.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back