Third Party Press

what ammo ?

I’ve found RWS to be very consistent for the $.
Lapua and Eley are your better match grade types.
RB

CCI Standard serves me well. I shoot all my .22s at a 100 yards, and with a rifle like an ES340b I get 5-shot groups just over 1". Wolf Match is pretty good if you desire more accuracy.

I see no point in wasting $ on the more expensive match ammo. I have tried it all on a .22 scoped Schützen rifle at 100 yards, and settled on the Wolf ammo. 5-shot groups are always sub-MOA.

Blazer in my semi auto because it's cheap and reliable and pretty accurate out of my m&p 15-22 but it's lousy out of most bolt actions I've tried.Out of the cz varmint and a Lee Enfield trainer I use lapua SK standard.

Last edited:
I've had bad luck with CCI for some reason. My Colt Match Target hates it and won't feed correctly. Also. mis-fires and a half-fire that caused a bullet to lodge halfway in the barrel.

I use Federal HV Match ammo out of all my .22s (Colt Diamondback, Colt Woodsman Match Target. all my trainers) and have had zero problems, ever. The HV Match is the only ammo my Match Target now because it loves it and feeds well. I get 500 for about $30 at the local gunshows.

If I'm just feeling cheap I'll shoot the cheaper bulk Federal stuff you can get at Walmart.

Attachments

• 20190118_143109_COMPRESSED.JPG
    20190118_143109_COMPRESSED.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 8

Military Rifle Journal
Back