Third Party Press

picked up my first rifle

T301

Hi everyone, complete newbie to guns and passionate about ww2 for some time now, i just picked up this dsm34 simson, i love it.

Last edited:
Too bad it has three holes drilled in the top of the receiver. On the other hand, you have a really nice rear sight and the rest looks intact. Simson DSMs are on the rare side. Collector value has been damaged by the drilling and tapping though. Should be a good shooter! Welcome to the forum! dj

Too bad it has three holes drilled in the top of the receiver. On the other hand, you have a really nice rear sight and the rest looks intact. Simson DSMs are on the rare side. Collector value has been damaged by the drilling and tapping though. Should be a good shooter! Welcome to the forum! dj

those holes were screws for a scope mount but so far i am unable to find out which mount was fitted

I have not seen a 3 hole mount like that anywhere. Would you mind posting a couple of photos of the receiver top showing the Simson logo? Thanks. dj

I had seen the rifle on Naturabuy for a while and the holes had deterred me from buying it. That said, the rifle as a whole looks nice. You should have the holes tapped neatly with screws by a gunsmith.

i ve had a chat with someone who has more expertise than me on these rifles, he said someone 's tried to fit a dioptr and realised it caused problems for bullets to be ejected and end ended up fitting the dioptr at the back. he suggested i have the holes filled in and "polished" by a professional to removes trace of this poor attempt of sight improvement.

Military Rifle Journal
Back