Third Party Press

Question on CZ-27 with British Proofs

racerlee

Hello, I have been looking at a late war Cz-27 serial range in the 300,000. It has english proofs on it and was wonder if anybody has any information in this area?

cz-27 proofs.JPG

Your pics are hard to see. I have owned a few Brit proof guns. Not uncommon to find on German or US guns

Racer, those are Birmingham proof marks. It probably was a capture piece, into Britain, then back out again at some point. Those are postwar era proofs.

Your pics are hard to see. I have owned a few Brit proof guns. Not uncommon to find on German or US guns

Racer, those are Birmingham proof marks. It probably was a capture piece, into Britain, then back out again at some point. Those are postwar era proofs.

Thanks for the information. Would you say that these proofs hurt the value or give it more value? This is the first Cz-27 I've seen with proofs.

It seems like the prices on the Cz-27 is getting higher and higher. I should have bought one long ago.

To a WWII collector? Less. Most want handguns like the K98s - original, not messed with and not marked by third parties post war, whether it be a reissue or import. The CZ27s and FN1922s seem to be the least coveted of the mass produced hand guns. However, finding them in perfect condition will always drive up the price.

Military Rifle Journal
Back