Third Party Press

Deposit of weapons in Russia

That’s just one of many. My response to those protecting the value of their garbage rods by saying they aren’t making anymore is they don’t need to make anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look at the crates full of cool shite. Let’s melt them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the crates full of cool shite. Let’s melt them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how true it is that they are melting them down. I wonder if they are just trolling American and European Collectors.

Because of all kinds of laws they most likely can't sell them, for example there are trade embargoes against Russia so exporting them will be impossible.
If you can't sell them and your not going to use them, they are basically scrap.
What you see now in that clip is on a very big scale but in all contries that have strict gun control laws, historic weapons are thrown in to the furnace simply because that is what happens with weapons that can't be sold on the open market or privately owned in many cases?
In Belgium we had a big confiscation several years ago after some lunatic murdered a toddler and an au pair; and as a result plenty of WW2 souvenirs were melted down. The K98k's you all like to collect were melted to make Belgium safer for the childern…..

Because of all kinds of laws they most likely can't sell them, for example there are trade embargoes against Russia so exporting them will be impossible.
If you can't sell them and your not going to use them, they are basically scrap.
What you see now in that clip is on a very big scale but in all contries that have strict gun control laws, historic weapons are thrown in to the furnace because what happens with weapons that can't be sold on the open market or privately owned in many cases?
In Belgium we had a big confiscation several years ago after some lunatic murdered a toddler and an au pair; and as a result plenty of WW2 souvenirs were melted down. The K98k's you all like to collect were melted to make Belgium safer for the childern…..

Yes EU countries are out of control. However for Russia to sell them to us it would only take the stroke of a pen by Trump for the bolt rifles and most pistols. Other pistols a win in Kisor v Wilkie SCOTUS case. Semi-Auto Rifles an act of Congress.

Really it is a damn shame to see it but if Russia can't sell them what are they supposed to do with them. If these are warehouses full of weapons that means they have troops guarding these warehouses for almost 80 years. I did notice that some of the pistols don't look like they went through a Russian dip process. Hell the mg42 gpmg could be cut up for parts kits.

I'm calling my uncle Boris who's Putin's bartender. Start getting your wants lists, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Shame to scrap them, laws and situations changed as well as be massaged. Once destroyed they can’t be brought back.

If they're all RCs, it's no big loss. They may not all have been given the hot dip treatment, but I'm sure they disassembled them for preservation purposes, and reassembled the random parts.

Not all of them possibly. They say some of them are battlefield pickups, but some of them were taken from German warehouses. Probably never used and unissued, so maybe not all were disassembled.

Jack

Apparently the G/K rifles were offered to us, but the cost was too high. A vopo is already $2500 here and are slow to sell so to bring in 5000 more at $2500+tax....just no market. Most pistols they would have here are prohib.
We still get RC P38 and they fetch more then a vet bring back!! Haha

But even you guys....can’t import the big stuff, MG34/42, mp40 etc etc And I read from someone parts kits may be slow soon too?

So it sucks but where else can it go.

If they're all RCs, it's no big loss. They may not all have been given the hot dip treatment, but I'm sure they disassembled them for preservation purposes, and reassembled the random parts.

In my opinion even RCs are a big loss, because many people would use them as a shooter. If less RCs are available, the chances are higher the people use a bolt mismatch or even matching rifles as a shooter.

Okay, some other weapons would hurt much more, like this matching Maschinenkarabiner 42(H) MKB.jpg
It was found on a German attic and they melted it down in 2016.

I wonder how true it is that they are melting them down. I wonder if they are just trolling American and European Collectors.

most likely, those with big $ & the right connections get around any obstacle, still a lot of that stuff out there, just lately Swiss bunker type warehouse had everything Nazi bb guns, trainers, K98s, Lugers, etc., all that stuff is here now with no imports stamps.

I agree, no great loss, however it is still pretty ridiculous to melt them for some symbolic purpose when they can be sold for hard currency. The Near East, Africa and Afagistan are ready markets and as soon as Trump starts honoring his rhetoric about ending these foreign wars (US involvement anyway) these weapons could keep those fanatics killing each other into the next century.

Really though, these weapons have plenty of customers that could buy them, probably not so much for collectors (as they are refinished total mismatched garbage they are worthless to a collector), or hunters and mud puddle Halloweeners (too expensive to import even if 'Trump the chump' makes them legal through one of his idiotic "deals"), but certainly the arms market, - the real value is to a militia or reserve which Russia surely needs with NAZTO moving eastward giving commitments to every little shithole along the way... Until the US returns to its original principles, as Jefferson stated, "peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none", Russia has need of these weapons (as do we all... China is a far greater threat to the US or Russia than to each other and both would be well served by preparing for communism resurgence globally - hell they already control western academia, the intelligentsia and media/press)

I agree, no great loss, however it is still pretty ridiculous to melt them for some symbolic purpose when they can be sold for hard currency. The Near East, Africa and Afagistan are ready markets and as soon as Trump starts honoring his rhetoric about ending these foreign wars (US involvement anyway) these weapons could keep those fanatics killing each other into the next century.

Really though, these weapons have plenty of customers that could buy them, probably not so much for collectors (as they are refinished total mismatched garbage they are worthless to a collector), or hunters and mud puddle Halloweeners (too expensive to import even if 'Trump the chump' makes them legal through one of his idiotic "deals"), but certainly the arms market, - the real value is to a militia or reserve which Russia surely needs with NAZTO moving eastward giving commitments to every little shithole along the way... Until the US returns to its original principles, as Jefferson stated, "peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none", Russia has need of these weapons (as do we all... China is a far greater threat to the US or Russia than to each other and both would be well served by preparing for communism resurgence globally - hell they already control western academia, the intelligentsia and media/press)

China is one giant Ponzi Scheme whose economy is completely dependent on the American Consumer. Plus they lack any natural resources other the coal. They don’t even have enough water. China is now taking their case to the WTO because they know Trump can crush them with tariffs and a trade war.

most likely, those with big $ & the right connections get around any obstacle, still a lot of that stuff out there, just lately Swiss bunker type warehouse had everything Nazi bb guns, trainers, K98s, Lugers, etc., all that stuff is here now with no imports stamps.

Where I don't see it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back