Third Party Press

WaA Original Armaments Order Documents - K98k,G33/40,G29/40 and Gew12/34 (29o)

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
These are posted in another thread but this will likely expand in the next week as I will likely get more material from Jon.
Enjoy as these are never before published docs. showing arms deliveries to the HwA.

Ham or Mike - we might want to make a section in the image archive for period documentation. Just a suggestion.
Would be nice to keep all this information in one section.

We will get more.

Also note the sniper rifle deliveries for the Luftwaffe in 1942. Also, I am assuming that the Gew12/34 denotes the G29o.

And only here! Thanks to Jon Speed - much appreciated from all of us.

Attachments

• P1040475.jpg
    P1040475.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 200
  • P1040476.jpg
    P1040476.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 144
  • P1040477.jpg
    P1040477.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 131
  • P1040478.jpg
    P1040478.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 114
It can only be the G29ö and it is good to see an official period document showing how the German Army identified the rifle. This is unique in itself and has been asked many times before, in most newsletters and for years on the forums.

I agree, Jon's resourcefulness is quickly make short work of all the long held mysteries in this hobby. Truly remarkable material, and just goes to show that the material-answers are out there, you just need to know whom to ask.

Also, I am assuming that the Gew12/34 denotes the G29o.

And only here! Thanks to Jon Speed - much appreciated from all of us.

Wow, these are fantastic! Over the winter I plan on going through our campus' copies of the Reichsfuehrer-SS office's microfilm materials (cases of reels) to see if there is anything regarding orders or deliveries.

Very cool. We have 1940 G.33/40 serials through pretty late in the "d" block and that lines up nicely with the 50K pieces above.

G29/40

Paul the numbers correlate with the drawdown of production of that rifle with diminishing shipments, although well into 1940.
Will see if I can get more material.

B.

Great stuff Bruce! I'm updating the pic sticky ref. thread for documents and will move everything around accordingly. This gets stuck ;)

Also, I believe that we can now start referring to the "G.29(o)" as the G.12/34 :happy0180:

The documents I am most interested in are rather confusing, it seems these are projections? Not actual deliveries?

They exceed, for the G29/40, the delivery totals I have for all 3 years 1940-1942, all in the space of a few months. While it does seem to substantiate the fact most were delivered in 1941, which is also supported by BC trends compared with normal Steyr production of the same period.

I will ask a friend to interpret these documents from the proper language perspective.

Paul the numbers correlate with the drawdown of production of that rifle with diminishing shipments, although well into 1940.
Will see if I can get more material.

B.

date

Paul you are correct, these are projected deliveries as opposed to actual deliveries.

"Bruce, the small heading just above the middle of the doc Under the heavy dark term Fertigungsvorschau indictes these are all ExpectePredicted deliveries for the months listed. Jon"

Thanks Bruce & Jon, -makes a lot more sense on a couple things that were not exactly matching up.

Paul you are correct, these are projected deliveries as opposed to actual deliveries.

"Bruce, the small heading just above the middle of the doc Under the heavy dark term Fertigungsvorschau indictes these are all ExpectePredicted deliveries for the months listed. Jon"

More input from Jon.

Bruce, the word heading second from the right FORDERUNG means the Requested number of units Monthly for only the Heer, Luft, Marine total listings so you can see that sometimes more or less examples came into the system depending on various problems sometimes also listed under the last heading BEMERKUNGEN = Comments Jon

Military Rifle Journal
Back