Third Party Press

K43 AC45 C Block Is it me or is this crazy?

Wow! That just makes my d block ac45 dual guide lug K43 even more valuable I suppose. [emoji6] Seriously, prices are just all over the place and it doesn’t seem that G43s and G41s are so far apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will gladly sell my nicer one for that right now.

I do not see any photos of the stock acceptance mark? Am I missing it? I do not think the stock was sanded, but I think it has oil or howards on it.

I will gladly sell my nicer one for that right now.

I do not see any photos of the stock acceptance mark? Am I missing it? I do not think the stock was sanded, but I think it has oil or howards on it.

Yea I thought it was heavily oiled too. Looks saturated and still "wet". Picture 21 & 23 have the stamp on the wrist but it's not very good. From those pictures it looks like it's been sanded.

Of course without hands on inspection anything could have happened. But, there are mill marks on the stock, indicating it probably wasn’t sanded. The keel stamp needs to be shown. The side e/359 may not be there originally as it may not have been final proofed.

Of course without hands on inspection anything could have happened. But, there are mill marks on the stock, indicating it probably wasn’t sanded. The keel stamp needs to be shown. The side e/359 may not be there originally as it may not have been final proofed.

I commented on Daves forum last week regarding the stock. I've never seen a legit G/K43 with a White glue lam stock. If you have any listed in your registry let us know.

Hard to tell what's up with that stock, need to see other pictures. On a side note it became a bidding war after $4800.00.
I've seen better sell for way less. Seller has some good B.S. going on with that ad. LOL....it worked.

Picture 23 looks like factory sanding, the proof is applied over the sanding scratches. I’ve got a feeling a lot of the reservations on that stock as to the color etc are from their photo editing, you can tell the brilliance of the color was turned way up, there’s probably a more correct term for what I’m trying to say haha. Same technique RIA uses in their auction pictures. I bet it looks a lot more original in hand, the wrist proof would be dark too if it were oiled.

There are definitely photo quality, lighting and saturation issues with his photos. I cant figure out what is going on with the hand guard. Attached the picture.

Also, I heard through the grapevine that he deals with an unfortunate amount of no paying bidders.

Attachments

• pix499321020.jpg
    pix499321020.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 65
Still don't like the stock compared to other known white stocks.

m19431.jpg

Who's making white glue stocks other than John Dell?
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/new-near-perfect-reproduction-g43-k43-stock

Or Fox Military?
http://www.fox-military.com/en/stock.php?id_produkt=10

I’ve never seen the quality of the two mentioned repro stocks “as made” with regard to replicating chatter, I’ve only seen them supplied slightly oversized and sanded so I can’t comment on that, perhaps someone has an example of one with chatter from on or both of them? That’s also assuming they are made on the original style pantograph of which most modern hobby and low production types are not anywhere close.

There are definitely photo quality, lighting and saturation issues with his photos. I cant figure out what is going on with the hand guard. Attached the picture.

Also, I heard through the grapevine that he deals with an unfortunate amount of no paying bidders.

I have heard most of his wares are “enhanced” and he has been discussed on the 1911 forums ad nauseum. He also had an all “original” straddle mount G41 fz41 scope that was a total fake. Ran a 1918 colt 1911 in unissued condition, there wasn’t a scratch on it anywhere, not even as if the slide was racked once and it “sold” 2 times for over $15k. I heard these “sales” will show back up on guns international or gun auctions a few months later.
Almost all his “bidders” on his items are the same and are either extremely wealthy and uneducated or shill bids imo

I’ve never seen the quality of the two mentioned repro stocks “as made” with regard to replicating chatter, I’ve only seen them supplied slightly oversized and sanded so I can’t comment on that, perhaps someone has an example of one with chatter from on or both of them? That’s also assuming they are made on the original style pantograph of which most modern hobby and low production types are not anywhere close.

Don't remember who made this one

155011537_repro-ww2-german-k43-g43-mauser-laminated-k-43-g-43-.jpg

Thanks for the visual, yeah while it looks nice that certainly wouldn’t fool a collector.

I commented on Daves forum last week regarding the stock. I've never seen a legit G/K43 with a White glue lam stock. If you have any listed in your registry let us know.

They exist! Here is one that is shown in the book “Hitler’s Garands”. Of course “Hitler’s Garands” photos are in black and white, but here is that rifle in color. It is K.43 ac45 #3359a with matching scope mount. As you can see the mill marks are present on the wood.

03325C9D-36A0-4FA6-953A-D3B62EC7DCA4.jpg9CB4AE20-3C76-4DCD-B898-5191B6699B07.jpgCD85F579-996C-4F8A-847E-BCEF27144E8F.jpgEC08947F-90EA-47F9-A666-904095809D7C.jpgD61E68BE-C2DA-4D1B-AE62-314F63F8E696.jpgFBFF781E-AD92-4079-93D1-6B3B88E11777.jpg

Photos were not taken by me but came from Gary Blackstone.

Last edited:
Picture 23 looks like factory sanding, the proof is applied over the sanding scratches. I’ve got a feeling a lot of the reservations on that stock as to the color etc are from their photo editing, you can tell the brilliance of the color was turned way up, there’s probably a more correct term for what I’m trying to say haha. Same technique RIA uses in their auction pictures. I bet it looks a lot more original in hand, the wrist proof would be dark too if it were oiled.

Saturation

I have heard most of his wares are “enhanced” and he has been discussed on the 1911 forums ad nauseum. He also had an all “original” straddle mount G41 fz41 scope that was a total fake. Ran a 1918 colt 1911 in unissued condition, there wasn’t a scratch on it anywhere, not even as if the slide was racked once and it “sold” 2 times for over $15k. I heard these “sales” will show back up on guns international or gun auctions a few months later.
Almost all his “bidders” on his items are the same and are either extremely wealthy and uneducated or shill bids imo

Always browsing, I saw a Colt Ace with Stag grips that was up for sale at a Rock Island Auction earlier this summer. In the RIA pictures you can clearly see a scratch caused by the slide stop. Two weeks later he is selling the exact same pistol, except the scratch is gone. Guns are touched or deceptively edited in photoshop, probably both, Anyways, it sold for less than he bought it for so he ended up losing money on it.

They exist! Here is one that is shown in the book “Hitler’s Garands”. Of course “Hitler’s Garands” photos are in black and white, but here is that rifle in color. It is K.43 ac45 #3359a with matching scope mount. As you can see the mill marks are present on the wood.

View attachment 196822View attachment 196823View attachment 196824View attachment 196825View attachment 196826View attachment 196827

Photos were not taken by me but came from Gary Blackstone.

I also have a nice white glue K43.

Military Rifle Journal
Back