Third Party Press

1945 AC K43 (My First)

Hello all, as stated above, this is my first K43. I was quite happy to find there is a community of G/K43 owners! Anyway my rifle is a 45 no letter suffix. I aquired a repop mount & scope as well for it. As far as I can tell the K43 is all matching, along with the Wa markings too.

Now a question about this repop scope. I bought it from the eBay seller waffenmsisters. I have read how to zero in an original scope but was curious if this repop worked the same way. So anyone that has experience zeroing the repop scopes, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all for the future help you all may give & I'm looking forward to chatting with you all!

Storm

RDT_20190125_1252025704548492811511128.jpg

Congratulations! My first one was a no letter AC45 as well. I have the same scope setup, you zero it like an original by removing the small screws, getting it hitting where you want then set dials to zero. Really is a blast to shoot! Get a shooters kit, that's a must! Good Luck, Enjoy it.....

I keep a database of these rifles. I may or may not have history of yours. If you advise the serial number, I can share with you what I have if anything. Yours could be a first report. “45”? ac45 or qve45?

Yes that's correct. I got mine close with a bore laser, then took it to the range and zeroed it at 50yrds with live rounds, reset dials to zero and put the screws back.

K43 AC45
8993 no letter

No threaded Muzzle
No duel rib
No milled housing
No Durofol handguard
No bolt stop

2 hole gas cylinder
Front sight hood
Ribbed buttplate
No number on stock
Wa 359 on all marked parts
All matching 8993

K43 AC45
8993 no letter

No threaded Muzzle
No duel rib
No milled housing
No Durofol handguard
No bolt stop

2 hole gas cylinder
Front sight hood
Ribbed buttplate
No number on stock
Wa 359 on all marked parts
All matching 8993

Thanks! Good description. Only entry I have on this one is the recent auction it probably came from. Seller was from Fairfax, VA (01-08-2019).

I have it in my notes your dust cover might be on backwards, so check that. The dust cover has been noted to be one of the approved field modified type.

Last edited:
"The dust cover has been noted to be one of the approved field modified type."

I'm not familiar with the field modified types. I know of the types of dust covers, but never read anything about it being modified in the field. Please if you any more info, educate me.

"The dust cover has been noted to be one of the approved field modified type."

I'm not familiar with the field modified types. I know of the types of dust covers, but never read anything about it being modified in the field. Please if you any more info, educate me.

The so called "automatic dust cover" frequently jammed between bolt carrier and bolt housing. Per Heerestechnisches Verordnungsblatt from January 15, 1945, the raised nub at the front of the cover was to be removed by shortening the length of the cover from 87 mm to 80 mm. The cover then needed to be operated manually to close it.

Before
wwii-german-g43-k43-dust-cover_1_47688963a475aa18aeb5ad57226529ec.jpg

After
s-l300.jpg

That make sense, let me share what was on my K43 to begin with.
Note that the folded side was was facing the front of the rifle & under the bolt carrier.
I also included a repop of the manual dust cover to compare.

Attachments

• IMG_20190201_125821.jpg
    IMG_20190201_125821.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 30
That make sense, let me share what was on my K43 to begin with.
Note that the folded side was was facing the front of the rifle & under the bolt carrier.
I also included a repop of the manual dust cover to compare.

Yep, your's is a Bubba modified manual dust cover. Pretty bad job.
Pop on the repro manual dustcover and you're good.

Military Rifle Journal
Back