Third Party Press

Data on a 625 B

jsz

I was at a auction last night and a 625 B came up. Serial number was 130933, matching bolt and had the cleaning rod. Sling was on it, however I believe postwar K98 sling, nonetheless not correct. Side of the but stock had the "SA" in stamped block letters about 1/2" in height. A couple of detractors, hand guard was split, easy fix. And the other was on the right side of the stock at the front band, a sliver of wood was missing, say 1/2"x 5", again easily fixable. Auction price was $500..

I was at a auction last night and a 625 B came up. Serial number was 130933, matching bolt and had the cleaning rod. Sling was on it, however I believe postwar K98 sling, nonetheless not correct. Side of the but stock had the "SA" in stamped block letters about 1/2" in height. A couple of detractors, hand guard was split, easy fix. And the other was on the right side of the stock at the front band, a sliver of wood was missing, say 1/2"x 5", again easily fixable. Auction price was $500..[/QUOTE

If you don’t mind the flaws that sounds like a reasonable price. Should be able to find one without defects in the $800.00 to $1,000.00 range. The key is to have all the little bits as finding them will be next to impossible.

I was at a auction last night and a 625 B came up. Serial number was 130933, matching bolt and had the cleaning rod. Sling was on it, however I believe postwar K98 sling, nonetheless not correct. Side of the but stock had the "SA" in stamped block letters about 1/2" in height. A couple of detractors, hand guard was split, easy fix. And the other was on the right side of the stock at the front band, a sliver of wood was missing, say 1/2"x 5", again easily fixable. Auction price was $500..[/QUOTE

If you don’t mind the flaws that sounds like a reasonable price. Should be able to find one without defects in the $800.00 to $1,000.00 range. The key is to have all the little bits as finding them will be next to impossible.

No issues. Thought I would report the rifle so if it hits the market, the potential buyer is aware there were some flaws

Military Rifle Journal
Back