Third Party Press
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Soooo cool! K43 ac45 d block

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robber3 View Post
    A Vet from Arizona shipped home 6 unissued K43’s, and ended up selling 5 of the 6, and kept one for himself. The serial number of one of these Rifles is suppose to be 1819d. Do you have anything on this one ?
    I don’t have anything on that one. I will add it to my listings and if you have any more info on it or the others that it came with I can notify the owner.

    I checked Claus’ serial number listings too and he doesn’t have it either.

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    The second part is not at you. Just made me think about how we say firing proof a lot when referring to inspection proofs. As we become more advanced collectors the little things bug us more. Sometimes I hate listening to people talk at gun shows. " Yeah that's a nice Nazi Mauser there with the Nazi eagle cartouches."
    "Cartouche" is the vernacular used on the CMP and US milsurp forums for any stamp or proof. My d block is missing it's final acceptance proof on the stock, However it's present on Robber3s 2233d block. I have "final acceptance proof envy".

  3. #53
    Senior Member Hercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    What else doesn't give a good impression is when you say "cartouches." These are found on temple walls in Egypt. What are seen on war time rifles are inspection/acceptance stamps. A good friend here also taught me the importance of knowing the difference between an inspection proof and a firing proof.
    I think that Egyptian writing is called hieroglyphic script and not cartouches. I was always told by vets and older collectors that they called the markings on US Rifle stocks cartouches. I'm not much of an advanced collector I don't think. Those War Eagle guys are what trigger me.

    Edit: Just kidding of course. I don't really care either way what they are called.
    Last edited by Hercules; 02-10-2019 at 01:51 AM.

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Well......here’s the actual definition:

    car·touche
    /kärˈto͞oSH/Submit
    noun
    plural noun: cartouches
    a carved tablet or drawing representing a scroll with rolled-up ends, used ornamentally or bearing an inscription.
    ARCHAEOLOGY
    an oval or oblong enclosing a group of Egyptian hieroglyphs, typically representing the name and title of a monarch.

  5. #55
    Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sturmgrenadier View Post
    "Cartouche" is the vernacular used on the CMP and US milsurp forums for any stamp or proof. My d block is missing it's final acceptance proof on the stock, However it's present on Robber3s 2233d block. I have "final acceptance proof envy".
    Silly, but there are collectors who wouldn't buy your rifle because it is missing the final.

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    Silly, but there are collectors who wouldn't buy your rifle because it is missing the final.
    Uneducated collectors. I have one and I know it’s original and unsanded. In fact, I requested from the seller photos of that area of the stock to make sure it was okay. It has the milling marks in the wood to positively confirm there never was a final e/359 there.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    As we become more advanced collectors the little things bug us more. ."
    Matt, I couldn’t agree more. Like the prevalence of cleaned stocks for instance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •