Third Party Press
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59

Thread: Soooo cool! K43 ac45 d block

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    999

    Default



    I agree! Super, super nice d block!!!!! Neat that you have two d blocks. I have that one in my listings twice; once on 01-10-2010 and the other time on 11-21-2015.....and today’s entry, so 3 now.

    I know in ‘10 it was in TX so I have probably seen this rifle in person at some point as it was at the Dallas Market Hall gun show at least one time.

    Seems like in ‘15 I was watching this auction too. I can’t remember now.

    Did this one have the buttstock accessories, or does it now? If it did I don’t have that info listed. Thanks.

    Sooo, now you need a matching P.38 ac45; either in the b or c block and a matching PP late war blank slide “ac” stamped pistol to go with these d block rifles. Oh man you would have an incredible thing (don’t know another word for it) then! Yeah, that would be freak’in awsome with those together! You have the hard to find part of that equasion; the two d block rifles. The pistols would only be a difficult fraction to find compared to those rifles. And, a fraction of the cost compared to the rifles.
    Last edited by Tiger 2 Tank; 02-09-2019 at 04:59 PM.

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calif
    Posts
    61

    Default

    No problem, I was referring to the rare experimental low light night sights that supposedly there is only one other known example, and I believe the other one was featured in Hitlers Garrands. Don’t get me wrong while d blocks are not rare an unissued unmessed with example that is all correct, and all matching as we all know is very difficult to find. I have been fortunate to obtain 2 examples. They are out there, and do come available from time to time.

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calif
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post


    I agree! Super, super nice d block!!!!! Neat that you have two d blocks. I have that one in my listings twice; once on 01-10-2010 and the other time on 11-21-2015.....and today’s entry, so 3 now.

    I know in ‘10 it was in TX so I have probably seen this rifle in person at some point as it was at the Dallas Market Hall gun show at least one time.

    Seems like in ‘15 I was watching this auction too. I can’t remember now.

    Did this one have the buttstock accessories, or does it now? If it did I don’t have that info listed. Thanks.

    Sooo, now you need a matching P.38 ac45; either in the b or c block and a matching PP late war blank slide “ac” stamped pistol to go with these d block rifles. Oh man you would have an incredible thing (don’t know another word for it) then! Yeah, that would be freak’in awsome with those together! You have the hard to find part of that equasion; the two d block rifles. The pistols would only be a difficult fraction to find compared to those rifles. And, a fraction of the cost compared to the rifles.
    I do have a real nice ac 45 a block P-38, and yes it would be awesome to have the whole Enchilada !!

  4. #44
    Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    Nice rifles, I like 1680 a lot. Apologies since you know what an untouched rifle looks like, just doesn’t give a good impression when you’ve connected “rare and unissued” with something that’s been “cleaned and pimped”.
    What else doesn't give a good impression is when you say "cartouches." These are found on temple walls in Egypt. What are seen on war time rifles are inspection/acceptance stamps. A good friend here also taught me the importance of knowing the difference between an inspection proof and a firing proof.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calif
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robber3 View Post
    I do have a real nice ac 45 a block P-38, and yes it would be awesome to have the whole Enchilada !!
    Here is a photo of 3 unissued ac45 K43’s shipped home from the Vet. I believe a member from the old G43 forum bought all 3 sold 2 to other members at that time, and kept 1. He later needed some money for some property, and sold the 1 he had left to I believe a current member. He has been trying to locate the owner of the one that has the capture papers listing all 3 Rifles so he can get a copy. The serial numbers are believed to be 1206b, and 1199b, and 9302c.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by robber3; 02-09-2019 at 06:16 PM.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    What else doesn't give a good impression is when you say "cartouches." These are found on temple walls in Egypt. What are seen on war time rifles are inspection/acceptance stamps. A good friend here also taught me the importance of knowing the difference between an inspection proof and a firing proof.
    You got me there Matt, even wrongly I’ve grown accustomed to it being used as a synonym for any stamp in wood. As to the rest, I don’t know where you’re getting that from except potentially out of context or a misunderstanding but thanks buddy

  7. #47
    No War Eagles For You! mrfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,026

    Default

    I wore Matt out for a few weeks about calling everything a proof, I think he’s comparing it. Loewe is the one that straightened me out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

  8. #48
    Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    You got me there Matt, even wrongly I’ve grown accustomed to it being used as a synonym for any stamp in wood. As to the rest, I don’t know where you’re getting that from except potentially out of context or a misunderstanding but thanks buddy
    The second part is not at you. Just made me think about how we say firing proof a lot when referring to inspection proofs. As we become more advanced collectors the little things bug us more. Sometimes I hate listening to people talk at gun shows. " Yeah that's a nice Nazi Mauser there with the Nazi eagle cartouches."

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robber3 View Post
    Here is a photo of 3 unissued ac45 K43’s shipped home from the Vet. I believe a member from the old G43 forum bought all 3 sold 2 to other members at that time, and kept 1. He later needed some money for some property, and sold the 1 he had left to I believe a current member. He has been trying to locate the owner of the one that has the capture papers listing all 3 Rifles so he can get a copy. The serial numbers are believed to be 1206b, and 1199b, and 9302c.
    Oh yeah. I’ve been keeping an eye out for them to assist the current owner; or last known owner. Don’t know if who I have listed is the current owner of the “known one” or not. It would be great to get all that back together. Hopefully some jackass didn’t Gobber them up with sandpaper or a red dot scope or some crazy crap like that!

    A P.38 ac45 a block is just as good as a b or c block. You’ll notice that the a block (if it’s early) will usually have a darker finish and the b and c blocks have a lighter blued finish. It’s interesting when you put a dark a block with a b/c block together.
    Last edited by Tiger 2 Tank; 02-09-2019 at 07:53 PM.

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calif
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post
    Oh yeah. I’ve been keeping an eye out for them to assist the current owner; or last known owner. Don’t know if who I have listed is the current owner of the “known one” or not. It would be great to get all that back together. Hopefully some jackass didn’t Gobber them up with sandpaper or a red dot scope or some crazy crap like that!

    A P.38 ac45 a block is just as good as a b or c block. You’ll notice that the a block (if it’s early) will usually have a darker finish and the b and c blocks have a lighter blued finish. It’s interesting when you put a dark a block with a b/c block together.
    A Vet from Arizona shipped home 6 unissued K43’s, and ended up selling 5 of the 6, and kept one for himself. The serial number of one of these Rifles is suppose to be 1819d. Do you have anything on this one ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •