Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 98k Auction with Fake Capture Paper

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

Default 98k Auction with Fake Capture Paper

I got all excited seeing the thumbnail of this photo thinking I finally found a 98k with papers. Wrong. Please do not purchase the papers as original. These are the really bad copies from ebay.

If you want me to, I can post the auction links.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeesh. I collect capture papers, and I hate when I search on eBay and see the listing for those fake papers pop up. I love the exaggerated aging to the papers and the hand writing that makes it look like a 6 year old wrote them out.

The writing on the pistol sounds more like an auction listing than the papers I've seen: "Includes holster with 2 magazines".

Please share the listings. It's clear the same person is behind them and I would like to avoid buying anything from this seller.

Default fake Id

Quote Originally Posted by lthilsdorf View Post
    Yeesh. I collect capture papers, and I hate when I search on eBay and see the listing for those fake papers pop up. I love the exaggerated aging to the papers and the hand writing that makes it look like a 6 year old wrote them out.

The writing on the pistol sounds more like an auction listing than the papers I've seen: "Includes holster with 2 magazines".

Please share the listings. It's clear the same person is behind them and I would like to avoid buying anything from this seller.
    Thanks....what are the usual signs that give away something like this as fake...ink types, writing style??

The rifle cert is dated March 1945 but the text refers to a regulation of May 1945.

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

Yea, dates are off. Handwriting is terrible.

There is a guy that sells these for 20 bucks a pop on ebay. They are on modern paper and printed with an inkjet. In hand, you would know in a second looking closely at it. I just call these the ebay fakes. My first closeup shows a photo of how to identify these. Luckily they copied one with a line through a section of it so they stand out like a sore thumb.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-BLANK-U...frcectupt=true

His bogus "vet bring back" story is hilarious. Does anybody actually fall for that crap or is it just an inside joke between humping cronies?

Quote Originally Posted by jack944 View Post
    Thanks....what are the usual signs that give away something like this as fake...ink types, writing style??
    Two different "officials" signed and filled out the forms but miraculously the hand written word German is identical on both forms.
    Oh, it was the same clerk who filled out the form for different officers to sign? Well, then how come the clerk wrote the date the American way on one form and the Euro way on the other?

Quote Originally Posted by ugafx4 View Post
    Yea, dates are off. Handwriting is terrible.

There is a guy that sells these for 20 bucks a pop on ebay. They are on modern paper and printed with an inkjet.
    The smarter ones get old books from yard sales and use the blank pages for printing their bogus forms. Makes them pass the UV light test.
    Then comes the usual tea leaf/coffee treatment for age appropriate appearance. There's a movie about the guy who created the fake Hitler diaries a couple decades ago. Shows some of the fakers' tricks.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lthilsdorf View Post
    ..I love the exaggerated aging to the papers and the hand writing that makes it look like a 6 year old wrote them out.
    Of course! The bullsh*t stories that don't pass the smell test too.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"