Third Party Press

Newbie Question On a Polish wz98a bolt and sling swivels

I won at auction a wz98a, supposed to be matching of course except the bolt. Will a wz29 bolt match up and work in this. The bolt that is in it is a bent bolt and I do not believe it is Polish. At least the wz29 bolt is straight and of Polish make. Is it that important, mismatched is mismatched right?

Anyway the wz29 bolt will not be inexpensive I am sure.

Does anyone have a Polish bolt for a wz98a or is that a needle in the ole hay stack?

Other item I will be in need of is sling swivels. The attachments are mounted in the stock but the swivels them selves are missing. Is there another Mauser model that has the same swivel type that I might be able to find easier? Does anyone here have any?

I actually won a 1925 PFK WARSZAWA K98 and a 1936 FB RADOM wz98a. It will be a little while before they are in my hands. Both are supposed to be matching except the bolt.... I know mismatching is most appropriate to call them.

The 1925 K98 has a sling and what looked like a bent polish bolt in the white, the photos of numbers they sent me looked to match on the rest of the rifle.

Is it worth trying to find the correct type model bolt for the wz98a, if that is even possible?

Thanks in advance for any input from the more knowledgeable!! I have been reading and trying to learn ever since I picked up a wz29/40 this past October. I am an eclectic collector since the beginning. For years my knowledge has been in the Japanese Arisaka/Nambu area and had been there for years, never straying.

Not sure what happened or why but since the wz29/40 I have been reading and trying to learn everything I can on Polish weapons. Of course it seems that there is very limited info compared to other Nations and areas, correct me if I'm wrong.

I only hope I did not pay way too much for these rifles!! If I did I know it is my fault for two reasons. 1 It was an online auction so I did not view these in my hand. 2 My knowledge really is not where it should for buying these things, LOL! But I am sure a few out there know what happens when one gets hit with the bug!!!!

Also is this the best place to put this post? Is there a better location within this forum or possible another forum altogether, I figure though this was the best place to ask my questions. Okay I will stop rambling and just post this!!

Thanks in Advance and Best Regards to All,

Mark

The answer is yes

I sent you a private message also. Hoping for good news and that I did not piss you off by bidding against you, LOL!

Best Regards,

Mark

Military Rifle Journal
Back