Third Party Press

Ss k98

Smokey

Hello I am in the UK
I have recently acquired SS K98 which I a led to belive is genuine and to be honest I have little knowledge of these markings and was told you guys were the ones to ask?

Attachments

• 3848.jpg
    3848.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 188
I can tell you right off the bat, the stock is from a Russian Capture, so at a minimum that is likely wrong, and it may get worse from there, more pics are a must, but I don't get a good feeling...

These 3 are the only ones to hand at this time

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
These 3 are the only ones to hand at this time

A fake unfortunately, as are almost all of the SS short side rails. Its a Russian Capture rifle with fake SS markings and fake sniper mounts attached.

This one seems familiar, I think it was posted before semi recently, but I might be mistaken.

First time been posted gun has been in my armoury for 6 months
However someone did take pictures of it at a viewing

It was for sale on a UK site not too long ago I think? If you weren’t selling it someone was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it didn't cost an arm and a leg.A genuine rifle like that here in the uk would be so rare you'd have more chance of winning the lottery 3 times in a row.

Knew I'd seen it before.Im thinking the first chap was a potential buyer wanting opinions and used the dealer's pic's and was told it's no good,he tells the dealer so he comes here to see for himself what's up with this thing.I hope the dealer will be a gentleman and list this rifle with an honest description of what it is and at a sensible price now he knows it's a fake.Maybe he'll comment here and let us know.Either way I hate it when people get ripped off.

Well it's been a day now and this turd is still listed as rare and original on 2 websites:facepalm: and the price is £POA which = expensive.I pity the shooter that gets stiffed with this.

Why would you try to pass off a turd as legit with a RC-serialed stock? I'm a k98 noob and wasn't fooled for a second.

There is another one on Gunbroker. Same turd situation. Imported, RC, electric penciled, wrong everything but starting at 3,700......lol.lol

Military Rifle Journal
Back