Third Party Press

Interesting Carl Zeiss Jena Sighting System

Parkerswede

Here's an interesting one. Its atop a shotgun. Anyone ever seen one? Rare? Best. dj

Attachments

• Z1.jpg
    Z1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Z2.jpg
    Z2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 52
Here's an interesting one. Its atop a shotgun. Anyone ever seen one? Rare? Best. dj

I have seen these before . Used on both Shot Guns and Rifles . Not Rare IMO . More like hard to find in good working cond.

These prismatic rifle scope of the "GZ" series are rare finds in europe. Very limited time made between 1903-1910 by Zeiss, prismatic scopes were an dead road in the evolution of rifle scopes.
Some military trials where made ( also in US, take a look at Senich, US Sniping), but they were to sensitive and expensive in production.

I have one GZII in my collection:

http://www.jagdwaffensammler.de/zielfernrohre/zielfernrohr-hersteller/carl-zeiss.html#c67

How they are valued in USA?

I do not consider them rare in Europe. They do turn up from time to time, you just have to be patient. But they are not more common or uncommon than in other countries. Not looking for them I have found three of them over the years.

I do not consider them rare in Europe. They do turn up from time to time, you just have to be patient. But they are not more common or uncommon than in other countries. Not looking for them I have found three of them over the years.

I have seen about teen on the market (!) in germany in the last 15 years collecting german and austrian prewar civil scopes. Quite more rare than a lot others...........
I dont mean the examples that i have seen in collections or on rifles.

Hello,

I all the years I have collected serial observations I only have 34 in my database. With the one posted in this thread I got a consecutive run I have pics of GZIII ser2711.

later
vaughn

I have three of those in my personal collection and I'm just in a country next to you, and I have not been actively searching for those nor specially collecting them. And I remember having seen at least two of those for sale at the last Waffenbörse Kassel.

Hello,

I all the years I have collected serial observations I only have 34 in my database. With the one posted in this thread I got a consecutive run I have pics of GZIII ser2711.

later
vaughn

Is it possible to look into your database?

I have

GZIII #2697
GZIII #2007
GZ #1147

Military Rifle Journal
Back