Third Party Press

Gew 88 Stocks?

Mauser4me

Hey there guys I just bought myself my first Gewehr 88. I have everything except a stock. Does anybody know of anywhere I can find a reproduction? What I have isn't 100% matching so at this point I'd rather get something that makes it look good than another abused 140 year old hunk of walnut.

Thanks!

Hey there guys I just bought myself my first Gewehr 88. I have everything except a stock. Does anybody know of anywhere I can find a reproduction? What I have isn't 100% matching so at this point I'd rather get something that makes it look good than another abused 140 year old hunk of walnut.

Thanks!

It is possible that the fellow in Poland, Fox-military.com, could make a stock for you. He seems to have a good reputation, from what I have read. He does not list the GEW88 on his site, however. The question will be " is it worth it?" If you have a particularly nice GEW88 lacking a stock, it might be worthwhile to look for an incomplete rifle or a junker that has a decent stock, rather than buy a new one.

Yeah I contacted him and he's making me a stock. Very glad because I ordered a Gewehr 98 stock and I couldn't have asked for better quality. When it comes to 'is it worth it'.. My old rifles are my hobby so it's a labor of love I suppose. I know I'm putting more into it that it's worth but I just want a good-looking shooter Gew 88 for my collection if I'm honest!

Yeah I contacted him and he's making me a stock. Very glad because I ordered a Gewehr 98 stock and I couldn't have asked for better quality. When it comes to 'is it worth it'.. My old rifles are my hobby so it's a labor of love I suppose. I know I'm putting more into it that it's worth but I just want a good-looking shooter Gew 88 for my collection if I'm honest!

Glad to know you're happy with his products. We may all need them sometime.

Out of curiosity, is it difficult and expensive to import the stocks from Poland?

Fox Military Stocks

Ive ordered from him several times & shipping is far from cheap.. usually about $45.00 -$ 50.00 per stock..Handguards less ..he does nice work & ships promptly once stock is done..Was going to get a Repro G 98/40 and think it was about $400.00 -$425.00 to my door. There is also another Guy making them in the US..GEW 88 stocks

Yeah shipping isn't cheap, but in my opinion it's worth it. I ordered the Gew 88 stock through him and it's gonna be roughly 4 months until he's able to actually make it. But there's no rush so I don't mind. Slow & quality is much preferred to quick & cheap.

Military Rifle Journal
Back