Third Party Press

K43 qve45

CFC67

Here is my K43 qve45 (7259 k) I bought recently, I'm not so sure about the stock as it has WaA359, which is Walther. I did see in "Hitler's Garands" that (if read correctly) if found on weapons of other manufacturers should be regarded as repro or collector "enhancement". Hoping that the stock is authentic. Are there other things I can look for to find this out please?
The rear sight is also Walther, the front sight and bolt carrier is WaA214 (4332 L). The butt plate is hatched & opens side ways, so a South American type as per the book.
Also, it's nitro proof stamps are visible either end, on the left it has 80 with the Ulm proof house symbol & eagle and on the right hand side is 8x57US.

thumbnail_a.jpg
thumbnail_c.jpg
thumbnail_b.jpg
thumbnail_d.jpg
thumbnail_e.jpg

The stock is a solid beech repro sir, you can tell right off the bat as it isn’t shaped quite right.

Eagle stamp over N is a post war German firing proof, known as "Normaler Beschuss". The other stamp is 8x57 JS.

Thank you all for your replies, I see the N under the eagles, so could this of been re issued post war? Stock got damaged and someone has used a repro stamped stock to 'enhance' it?

Thank you all for your replies, I see the N under the eagles, so could this of been re issued post war? Stock got damaged and someone has used a repro stamped stock to 'enhance' it?

Eagle over N is a West German stamp. Following the war, Allied forces divided Germany up into sectors under American, British, French and Russian occupation. Until 1955, most of West Germany remained disarmed except for police and border patrol. The latter used K98, M1 carbine and MP1 machine pistols in the early days. To my knowledge, the G/K43 series never saw service in West Germany, although refurbished versions were handed over by Russia to the East German Volkspolizei.

Eagle over N is a West German stamp. Following the war, Allied forces divided Germany up into sectors under American, British, French and Russian occupation. Until 1955, most of West Germany remained disarmed except for police and border patrol. The latter used K98, M1 carbine and MP1 machine pistols in the early days. To my knowledge, the G/K43 series never saw service in West Germany, although refurbished versions were handed over by Russia to the East German Volkspolizei.

Thanks again Sir, bit of a 'Frankenstein mystery' going on I think!

I have this one listed on 12-07-2013 on a German auction website. In that entry, the rifle had an odd eage/ Swastika stamp. It also had a stock that was “sanded and laquered smooth”. It also had a scope/mount rig to it, but the scope mount “appears ground down at the top”.

I have this one listed on 12-07-2013 on a German auction website. In that entry, the rifle had an odd eage/ Swastika stamp. It also had a stock that was “sanded and laquered smooth”. It also had a scope/mount rig to it, but the scope mount “appears ground down at the top”.

It resold again in 2016 at Hermann Historica in the same configuration, advertised with non-matching bolt and unnumbered stock. Mount is an early Frankonia repro.

It resold again in 2016 at Hermann Historica in the same configuration, advertised with non-matching bolt and unnumbered stock. Mount is an early Frankonia repro.

So could be why my scope rail is difficult to get off then!!

Last edited:
Knowing the UK market for these things, I am guessing that you will have likely paid the 'going rate' for this K43 regardless of the repro. stock?

They are just that scarce to find over here that dealer's can get away with it, unfortunately... may I ask did it come to you from a UK dealer or a private collector?

Knowing the UK market for these things, I am guessing that you will have likely paid the 'going rate' for this K43 regardless of the repro. stock?

They are just that scarce to find over here that dealer's can get away with it, unfortunately... may I ask did it come to you from a UK dealer or a private collector?

It came from a Dealer..

update: I missed your first question, if I had known but have spoken with the dealer & apparently I was told it was, can't remember actually, but let's go with if I did, then no, I wouldn't of bought it.

Last edited:
It came from a Dealer..

So, between 2016 and today, whoever owned the rifle removed the original stock and replaced it with a repro. Just another way for the seller to make some extra $$$, original stocks sell between $500 - $1000 these days. The repro stocks plus South American butt plate sells for $100 together in the U.S.

https://online.auktion-zwack.de/de/selbstladebuechse_berlin-luebecker_maschinenfabriken_qve_45_modell_k43_wbn_1377/l/26140
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/hermann-historica-ohg/catalogue-id-srher10022/lot-dd44ea9c-cd22-447f-b661-a5df0164206b

Last edited:
Huge Thank you!

So, between 2016 and today, whoever owned the rifle removed the original stock and replaced it with a repro. Just another way for the seller to make some extra $$$, original stocks sell between $500 - $1000 these days. The repro stocks plus South American butt plate sells for $100 together in the U.S.

https://online.auktion-zwack.de/de/selbstladebuechse_berlin-luebecker_maschinenfabriken_qve_45_modell_k43_wbn_1377/l/26140
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/hermann-historica-ohg/catalogue-id-srher10022/lot-dd44ea9c-cd22-447f-b661-a5df0164206b

Thank you so much for the information, being able to see what the K43 should of been, it's a little heart breaking but a restoration project I think, can't look at it knowing it's a repro stock :facepalm: The mag is still with it! dings and scrapes match.

I have an original stock set should you be looking for one to replace the repro.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1817.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1817.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 28

Military Rifle Journal
Back