Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K43 qve45

Default K43 qve45

Here is my K43 qve45 (7259 k) I bought recently, I'm not so sure about the stock as it has WaA359, which is Walther. I did see in "Hitler's Garands" that (if read correctly) if found on weapons of other manufacturers should be regarded as repro or collector "enhancement". Hoping that the stock is authentic. Are there other things I can look for to find this out please?
    The rear sight is also Walther, the front sight and bolt carrier is WaA214 (4332 L). The butt plate is hatched & opens side ways, so a South American type as per the book.
    Also, it's nitro proof stamps are visible either end, on the left it has 80 with the Ulm proof house symbol & eagle and on the right hand side is 8x57US.

thumbnail_a.jpg
    thumbnail_c.jpg
    thumbnail_b.jpg
    thumbnail_d.jpg
    thumbnail_e.jpg

The stock is a solid beech repro sir, you can tell right off the bat as it isn’t shaped quite right.

Eagle stamp over N is a post war German firing proof, known as "Normaler Beschuss". The other stamp is 8x57 JS.

as said.. west german proofed. Then re-stocked with a horrible E/359 fake stamp !

Thank you all for your replies, I see the N under the eagles, so could this of been re issued post war? Stock got damaged and someone has used a repro stamped stock to 'enhance' it?

Quote Originally Posted by CFC67 View Post
    Thank you all for your replies, I see the N under the eagles, so could this of been re issued post war? Stock got damaged and someone has used a repro stamped stock to 'enhance' it?
    Eagle over N is a West German stamp. Following the war, Allied forces divided Germany up into sectors under American, British, French and Russian occupation. Until 1955, most of West Germany remained disarmed except for police and border patrol. The latter used K98, M1 carbine and MP1 machine pistols in the early days. To my knowledge, the G/K43 series never saw service in West Germany, although refurbished versions were handed over by Russia to the East German Volkspolizei.

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    Eagle over N is a West German stamp. Following the war, Allied forces divided Germany up into sectors under American, British, French and Russian occupation. Until 1955, most of West Germany remained disarmed except for police and border patrol. The latter used K98, M1 carbine and MP1 machine pistols in the early days. To my knowledge, the G/K43 series never saw service in West Germany, although refurbished versions were handed over by Russia to the East German Volkspolizei.
    Thanks again Sir, bit of a 'Frankenstein mystery' going on I think!

I have this one listed on 12-07-2013 on a German auction website. In that entry, the rifle had an odd eage/ Swastika stamp. It also had a stock that was “sanded and laquered smooth”. It also had a scope/mount rig to it, but the scope mount “appears ground down at the top”.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post
    I have this one listed on 12-07-2013 on a German auction website. In that entry, the rifle had an odd eage/ Swastika stamp. It also had a stock that was “sanded and laquered smooth”. It also had a scope/mount rig to it, but the scope mount “appears ground down at the top”.
    It resold again in 2016 at Hermann Historica in the same configuration, advertised with non-matching bolt and unnumbered stock. Mount is an early Frankonia repro.

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    It resold again in 2016 at Hermann Historica in the same configuration, advertised with non-matching bolt and unnumbered stock. Mount is an early Frankonia repro.
    So could be why my scope rail is difficult to get off then!!
    Last edited by CFC67; 02-12-2019 at 05:23 AM.