Third Party Press

Export bayonet

AndyB

hello members, last show in Vienna i could buy to collection a nice export bayonet in depot condition, its not S84/98 but even influenced with. b.r.Andy

Attachments

• BrazilM1935_rs_sm.jpg
    BrazilM1935_rs_sm.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 43
hello members, last show in Vienna i could buy to collection a nice export bayonet in depot condition, its not S84/98 but even influenced with. b.r.Andy

Very nice example of export M98 bayonet! Is there a serial number on the left side of the cross guard? It looks like the one supplied for the M1935 Brazilian Mauser.

Yes You are right its a Brazilian M1935 contract for long rifle 7mm caliber, 30cm long blade, short pommel slot. Serialed on left crossguard in 4xxx range.b.r.Andy

Yes You are right its a Brazilian M1935 contract for long rifle 7mm caliber, 30cm long blade, short pommel slot. Serialed on left crossguard in 4xxx range.b.r.Andy

I found one of these last year at the SOS show because it is an example of a known Export contract M98 bayonet (and it was in nice condition, too!). Numbered on LS cross guard 4805. I have a shorter variation about the length of a S84/98 with no muzzle ring, but cross guard like S84/98 T3. Difficult to determine if muzzle ring was removed before or after assembly. I think both were probably made by Horster...

You are right F., my piece is 4690 and on show was other 4636, when i remember correctly, as all depot pieces are mentioned in 4xxx range, maybe it was forgot anywhere in Brazil? on Gunmarket they are saled out some with matching rifles. the barell ring is 15,5mm. I assume the 25cm blade are from other contract, and could be reused on Spanish delivery? the Hoerster is mostly real producer of it. b.r.Andy

Attachments

• BrazilM1935_ls_sm.jpg
    BrazilM1935_ls_sm.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 11

Military Rifle Journal
Back