Third Party Press

Who is...

chris88

... Bob Jensen? Looking at a 1940 DUV and they say Bob Jensen has only seen two like it before in his years of collecting/research.

Additionally, should I bid on it or try and get the 1940 243?

Guess what everyone just looked up! :biggrin1: Both have issues by the way, from sort of minor on one to major on the other. Jensen is a collector/author.

Some major issues, on one the barrel band and stock are not original, stock is also cleaned (not that it would matter after the previous) rear sight is ground hard etc. If you are looking to spend that kind of money and these issues didn’t stand out or at least any of them I would highly suggest buying the books first and looking through the picture reference. Or just shoot someone a PM next time and have them look something over. That rifle is already a whole figure over its value. The other has minor issues in comparison, I’d have to go back and look but off the top of my head the ejector box is replaced. Also just FYI, lots of bad guns from that seller.

Really? I bought my 1944 DOU from them that had the handguard blow off when I fired. Also bought a South African Lee Enfield from them too. The Enfield fires great, only issues I've found is the extractor spring was broke, bought a replacement today though. I'm not purchasing any of them anyways. I need to calm down on the gun buying haha. Thanks for the information.

Not a problem! Also, I’m not saying they don’t have some good rifles, just that a high precentage have had issues. Of course by and large that’s likely going to be German rifles. At least you asked about them in a roundabout way instead of buying them first. Happy collecting!

I assume most of the old WWII rifles have some kind of issues. They're too old not to having any, right?

That's not really the case. Looking through the picture reference and occasionally for sale here in the trader you can find fantastic original no excuse examples. That's often not the case out in the wild. Most troubling are the intentional frauds.

Military Rifle Journal
Back