Third Party Press

Value of my K43

Bozmt

My interests are taking me elsewhere and I'm considering selling my pristine K43. This is a late war capture from the Walther factory by its serial number and condition. Everything that should be phosphated is, everything that should be blued is. I've only put 20 rounds through it in the last decade. Not sure how much it has been fired before that, but you can see the barrel is pristine.

The only potential negative is the sanded stock, though there are two items to note here, the waffenamp on the grip almost looks deep and crisp and there are the telltale pencil marks on the top of the stock near the action that show the disassembly line.

I'll likely post this for sale soon. but have no idea what something like this should go for these days.

I also have two scopes and mounts. One has an original ZF4 scope in an old repro mount, I also have a "shooter grade" 1950s Soviet PU scope in a repro mount. Not accurate, but fun to use if you don't want to risk the ZF4.

Thanks all!

Photos in this google folder if you want to see: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nh...m5EVaL1xG4Pyjs

-Joe

My interests are taking me elsewhere and I'm considering selling my pristine K43. This is a late war capture from the Walther factory by its serial number and condition. Everything that should be phosphated is, everything that should be blued is. I've only put 20 rounds through it in the last decade. Not sure how much it has been fired before that, but you can see the barrel is pristine.

The only potential negative is the sanded stock, though there are two items to note here, the waffenamp on the grip almost looks deep and crisp and there are the telltale pencil marks on the top of the stock near the action that show the disassembly line.

I'll likely post this for sale soon. but have no idea what something like this should go for these days.

I also have two scopes and mounts. One has an original ZF4 scope in an old repro mount, I also have a "shooter grade" 1950s Soviet PU scope in a repro mount. Not accurate, but fun to use if you don't want to risk the ZF4.

Thanks all!

Photos in this google folder if you want to see: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nh...m5EVaL1xG4Pyjs

-Joe

The Google Drive ID is incomplete, I don't think it should have the "..." in the middle.

It is unfortunately sanded, you can tell they avoided the wrist though. You weren’t kidding about the metal being pristine! I love the crisp HAZ’s on the bolt :thumbsup:

I love Bozeman by the way, visited there several times!

Oh wow that’s a nice rifle. The stock would have made it very valuable if it hadn’t been sanded. It’s one of the last ones as it’s a d block. Best case senerio would be to find an unmolested and correct type stock for it but that is darn near impossible. Not totally impossible, but super hard.

I just don’t know what people’s obsession was in sanding these rifles!

I checked my listings and this was the first report of this rifle.

Kelly, you can say that again. I showed a friend of mine who’s about 80 my Swp45 and he looked at the chattered stock with a bad face, like I rolled up in a wrecked Ford pinto or something, he said, man with a little sanding that would be a good looking rifle, I told him that would kill the value and he just couldn’t fathom it haha!

That is a nice looking one! I am intrigued by the bolt carrier. It is as late as it could be but has an earlier type without the rib. Have noted this before on end of the line walther. Interesting. Does not have a hold open latch? Cool variation mix of early design and late.

little sand paper, little steel wool, liquid rust remover, cold blue it makes it purdy again !!!!!!!!!!!!

why can't you'all fathom that

little sand paper, little steel wool, liquid rust remover, cold blue it makes it purdy again !!!!!!!!!!!!

why can't you'all fathom that

The stock is sanded, but the metal is original.

And, yes, the bolt carrier has no hold open. It is a bitch to disassemble.

Any ideas on value anyone?

I can only comment on the value from others I have witnessed in similar condition. Everything original, parts matching but stock mostly sanded and one of the last made by Walther. Estimated around the $2,500 mark. Say this one was not sanded at all, you’d be looking at probably $4,500.

Of course it could go lower or higher, depending on buyers at a particular time. I’ve watched many auctions, seen many of these due to my interest in them and for my listings and this is my best guess. Sanding of the stock just kills the value. This one though has a lot of good things going for it though.

Last edited:
Dual guide would add to the value. Anything included in the buttstock? Stock isn't too bad, you should see my C block literally the worst duffel cut I've ever seen, otherwise a pristine dual guide C block.

Very nice and bolt serials on the lugs and firing pin housing, most are pretty faint.

As far as price, Darrin Weaver had recently sold a complete AC45 action (no stock) on his website for $1795. What could you get for it? Depends where you sell it. Gunbroker you'd probably get more than other places.

Removing the bolt isn't that bad once you figure out whats up with it. Still a pain in the butt. My action cover needs to be squeezed on the front right edge. Once, you squeeze that it slides right in--seems to be a common problem.

Military Rifle Journal
Back