Third Party Press

Volume I and II available at SOS for pickup

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
Time to pay the bills. If anyone coming to the SOS forum meet or just attending the SOS and needs either or both Volume I and II, please let me know.
I will be bringing down a limited number of books for sale and they will for for any forum members or friends only.

We have one of our dealers that will be selling books on the show floor and its policy that we do not sell books on the show floor in competition with those book dealers.

Also if any of you have books and want then signed, we will be glad to do so at the forum meet or contact Mike and I at the show.

Thanks,
Bruce and Mike

I have mine.........What does the first Volume look like before these.

Attachments

• 20190217_022748.jpg
    20190217_022748.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 53
What makes these books so expensive? Are they out of print? Thanks

Uh, they are high quality, full color, lots and lots of high quality pictures, extremely exhaustive in coverage.

Good high quality reference books, especially ones that took the amount of time and effort these did aren't cheap. Books are expensive to publish, especially of this quality.

Expense of books

One of our posters commented on the "expensive" price of the books and here is a short explanation.

First compared to nearly all of the big outfits (Schiffer for one), our print volume was not nearly as large.
In the printing industry, higher volume = lower per book cost.

Second, we did not print the books in Thailand as Simpson Ltd. does. Our books were manufactured in the US (Ashland Ohio).

In addition, based on the lower volumes and to make any return from dealer sales with the embedded 50% discount, we had to
establish a reasonable baseline to recoup our printing cost partially through sales to book dealers.

I personally went into debt in excess of $60,000.00 US to finance just Volume II.
Mike did the same for Volume I. Remember, Mike and I are just two regular guys, collectors just like most of the members on this forum.
Mike and I spent years working on this and yes we will make some profit on sale of the book sets, but the return is cents on the dollar
if you figure literally thousands of hours over a 10 year period.

So if any of you guys want to get rich authoring books, I would suggest another venue as collector niche books are not going to
finance your retirement.

Last, book profits also pay for this forum. We will never solicit any contributions for website management and maintenance as long as
we can.

Military Rifle Journal
Back