Third Party Press

1940 ax k98k

klaatue

Hello

Just looking for some info for my 1940 ax k98. I'm thinking I might want to sell it in the future and would like some info on where I might be able to do that.
Brief history in my family 1959 till now. It is a all matching except bolt (matches itself) Very good blue, bore bright fired 3 times by me other then that I guess not sense the war. Sling, cleaning rod I lost the bayonet playing with it as a child...long ago.

Pictures to follow.

Thank you

Welcome!

Looking forward to pics! Once you have several posts under your belt, you can gain access to the trader subforum! Your rifle was made by Erma (Erfurter Maschinenfabrik)

1940 ax

Thanks for reply.
I have done some pretty good research on this rifle and have checked it over disassembled looking for all the right stuff. Yes everything is correct and original. The wrk# 7665 L
Pictures tomorrow

pics ax

Just a few quick shots to show condition. One thing I could never find any info for is the LK5 on butt stock any thoughts on that??

Looks like an honest bringback from what the pics show! No one knows for sure what LK5 means sadly! Some speculation but nothing concrete!

I am real sure that is the real deal. But not a expert at all but I have researched it well over the years watched different auctions etc.
Over the years I have seen, one time another but stock stamped like that diff # and thats all I know about that. Also have seen that almost exact same gash in mid stock B4 same angle almost, maybe a defensive wound? {pic)

Yes, I think some other LK numbers are known, though LK5 is most commonly seen I believe. I know they can often be found on French (and other foreign) rifles that saw German use, perhaps in a training capacity? I think there had also been speculation there could be some Luftwaffe connection. Interesting for sure! The damage could be defensive or the result of shrapnel or some other airborne projectile. Hard to say for sure!

That is more then I know before, Thank you.
I'll post some better natural light pics. Is this the place where I would do that?

You'd probably get more exposure by posting them in the main "Mauser Rifles 1933 to 1945 - The Nazi Period" forum.

Military Rifle Journal
Back