Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange marking on DUV G43

Default Strange marking on DUV G43

Hello,

I have seen this strange marking on two DUV G43: a square with a diagonal line in it.

I precise that rifles were not russian captures (similar markings are visible on russian small arms whitch had arsenal repairs)

What is the sense of this marking?

Thanks, sorry for my approximative english.

Damien

This is a picture of my G43 DUV "C" block, the marking is on the mount rail:

20190217_111515.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by indianadam View Post
    Hello,

I have seen this strange marking on two DUV G43: a square with a diagonal line in it.

I precise that rifles were not russian captures (similar markings are visible on russian small arms whitch had arsenal repairs)

What is the sense of this marking?

Thanks, sorry for my approximative english.

Damien

This is a picture of my G43 DUV "C" block, the marking is on the mount rail:

20190217_111515.jpg
    Very intersting. I have not seen this marking before on these rifles. Usually that area is not marked. First time I have seen that.

Here another rifle: DUV K43 1944.

The same marking is on the left of the receiver:

Screenshot_20190217-151319.jpg

Are these possibly E German reworks, or Russian Capture? That square with a line through it is a typical Russian rework marking on other rifles. https://www.forgottenweapons.com/eas...mosins-or-not/
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

For my G43 DUV44 "C" block, it was stolen to german army the first week of september 1944 in North of France.

Rifle is matching numbers, in original finish with sling and stock accessories. No post war markings or russian rework, it's the rifle on the middle on pictures. That's why i think this marking should have been done during ww2, not after.

The K43 DUV44 is not mine, but like mine, it as no after war marking, it is in original finish.

Best regards

20170715.jpg
    20170712.jpg
    20170711.jpg
    20170714.jpg
    20170710.jpg

My first thought was of a Russian depot marking as well, not only the marking itself but the strange locations?? Keep in mind not all RC’s are like the ones we are used to seeing, Vietnam bring backs turn up with original finish as well. Not to mention the video recently posted of hundreds of thousands of German weapons in a Russian warehouse with original finish, so who knows.

You think that it is possible that german ww2 rifle had been marked like this in Ukraine without "X" marking and new finish?

In France, k98k russian captures we can find are re-numbered and re-finished.

I think it could be possible.. I will look for G43 coming from Ukraine to see their finish.

If my rifle is coming from Ukraine, the man who sold it to me is a liar.. And i don't know how it was importated to France without any importation marking..

The mark on mine with the direction of the line could be Refurbishment mark of 1st Grau Arsenal. I don't know why they should have made it on the rail with no visibility. On my mosin rifle, i have a soviet marking on the wood stock, and on my sks it is on the top of the receiver cover.

I will disassembly my rifle to look for any other marking that i could have missed.

I am stupid to be so confident with the man who sold my the rifle. I was confident with his "story" as the rifle was matching numbers, mint, with no post war mark. Besides the date of manufacture of the rifle was compatible with the story that he told me. I saw the marking on the rail a year after buying the rifle..

Best regards

Hello

I have found this post about a DUV44 G43 with the supposed soviet marking:

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...some-questions

The rifle seems not in original finish. Parts are not at the same number (bolt is "359").

Best regards

Damien