Third Party Press

met me earlier, meet my 98k...

is this the east german K-98 from the other day?

it has all the hallmarks , the sunburst under wrist is interesting, the east german pre-war proof crown & U, serial number on stock and buttplate (blued), whats under the barrel???

so far looks good nice east german refurb

is this the east german K-98 from the other day?

it has all the hallmarks , the sunburst under wrist is interesting, the east german pre-war proof crown & U, serial number on stock and buttplate (blued), whats under the barrel???

so far looks good nice east german refurb

Not the same. I haven’t checked the barrel bed but will do so. The starbursts are what i wasn’t clear on. One the grip and 1 on the receiver. Starburst surrounding a shield with a 20 on it. Any thoughts on the significance of that? Thanks for the quick pickup on the DDR stallings btw

Not the same. I haven’t checked the barrel bed but will do so. The starbursts are what i wasn’t clear on. One the grip and 1 on the receiver. Starburst surrounding a shield with a 20 on it. Any thoughts on the significance of that? Thanks for the quick pickup on the DDR stallings btw

sunburst denotes police issue, the rifle probably entered a police station or barricks police. from 1946 to 55 they had barrricks police, a army of sorts " Kampfgrouppen" not stasi, they also used G-43's and MP-44's

good provenance. looks like a clean rifle, typical refurb love to see under the wood.

sunburst denotes police issue, the rifle probably entered a police station or barricks police. from 1946 to 55 they had barrricks police, a army of sorts " Kampfgrouppen" not stasi, they also used G-43's and MP-44's

good provenance. looks like a clean rifle, typical refurb love to see under the wood.

I'll post some when I get a chance to to take it down. Meantime thanks for the insights!

Military Rifle Journal
Back