Third Party Press

Dou44

The quality of the Brunn rifles is amazing and has been a draw for me. Couple of questions/observations on this rifle:

1. The “x” on the wrist is cool to see, has there been any further light shed on what the alpha numeric markings on the wrist represented?
2. The bolt root has the suffix which from what I have read was not common in 43/44 produced rifles, but is consistent with the other “t” block rifle in the picture reference. Were there certain suffixes in dot 44 in which the suffix contained the suffix?
3. What is the numeral “2” next to the serial number in the stock channel?
4. The rear sight base has the number “42” and what appears to be a waffenampt on it which I thought was not present on 43/44 rifles. Is this correct? Also the presence of the letter “K” indicates that the sight was intended for a “karabiner” rifle and I thought was present on pre-war rifles. Could this sight have been placed as a expedient practice late in the war? I did see a couple of posts that mentioned the “K” may have been a code for another supplier of parts, not sure if this is true.

Cool rifle and look forward to the discussion!!

This is slovakian area Povazska Bystrica Werk II of Waffenwerke Bruenn production.b.r.Andy

Military Rifle Journal
Back