Third Party Press

Howdy from south Texas

Chili

Hi. I'm Chili from south central Texas.

I joined the forum so I could learn more about my wife's inherited bring back Mauser from her grandpa.
Been lurking for a bit this morning to learn what I don't know.

It's an AR 41. The numbers on the bolt are different and the number on the stock is a third number.

Wife doesn't want to sell it. I will be learning what is respectable to do to and with this rifle. So far, it has only received a light rubdown with CLP.
I'd like to shoot it.

As I get closer to retirement age, I've been considering getting set up in gunsmithing as a source of pleasure and perhaps modest income later in life.
I have the beginnings of some of the few of the introductory tools to get started.
I've been a mechanic and a powersports technician.
I really only started acquiring firearms about 10 years ago. Always had one or three living in the country.

Latest fascination as I explore the gunsmithing world is 22 target shooting to learn stuff like bedding, etc. and of course lots of shooting practice for less money.

looking forward to interacting.

Chili

Welcome aboard Chili. An ar41 is a lesser seen code. After a few replies/posts you will be able to post a few photos, once done a proper assessment can be done on exactly what you have there.

Howdy Chili!

I’m from South Texas as well, glad to see another milsurp guy! If you don’t mind me asking, where at in south Texas?

Military Rifle Journal
Back