Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8mm

Default 8mm

Sorry dont know if this is the right spot to post this. I got this 8mm ammo of gunbroker for a steal. Its supposedly made in russian/us using old surplus casing and new powder. Just wondering if anyone here has any input or experience with this ammo. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Question is that eagle is russian? 67 when year so certainly not correct for Sowjetunion, maybe Albanian? N letter dont exist in cyrilika.b.r.Andy

Default 8mm

Polish 7,92x57 mm ammo . Made in " Państwowe Wytwórnie Uzbroienia Fabryka amunicji NR 1 Skarżysko Kamienna, 67-indicates a brass cartridg case with an alloy of 67% copper , N- Norblin SA Warszawa, 38 year of production

So is this new production or just clean surplus? Here is another one of the sellers auctions
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/800459797

Quote Originally Posted by Hchon3 View Post
    So is this new production or just clean surplus? Here is another one of the sellers auctions
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/800459797
    Interesting. Your closeup picture of the Polish 7,9 shows the original three-stab primer crimps still in place, but the description on GB says "new 2017" non-corrosive have replaced the old ones. Did you buy one of these 500 rd. lots? If so, could you show some additional pictures of the head stamps? Thanks, JH

there is a company in russia currently tearing down old 8mm, repriming them and building the rounds ventura???? something like that. I would treat it as reloaded ammo, watch out for squibs and mis/hang fires, not that any have been reported!!!!!!!!!

Close up of the head stamp. I
    Attached Images Attached Images

I did buy a 500 round case of this stuff. I only paid 170 plus shipping and that is dirt cheap for 8mm.

IMO, the cartridge shown has not been reworked. Are all 500 Polish? If not, could you please show other examples? The dot matrix number on the cartridge case is common on EU surplus ammunition. I have thousands of the Polish 7,9, and some lots are starting to develop hang-fires though the cartridges look as new. Thanks, JH

I haven't looked through all of the rounds but the majority of the lot all have the same markings. I have not fired any yet but do you think it will be ok to use on my g43?