Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOT 1943 Opinions

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltong29 View Post
    The BiN was $825
    Oh boy. Not exactly sure what to think about that.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

I had watched this for several weeks, and then bought last night. This went through several GB cycles, and on the first cycle it did not have a receiver serial number show.... but the rear sight "9552" initially suggested to me that the rifles was a bolt mm....

But now, the sellers additional receiver pic on GB reveals the bolt matches. Nathan's additional pics were not on GB, and he also shared this serial in January when he first happened on to it. When it get's here, I can do more pics, if anyone really cares...

email => K98@bobinohio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in OHIO View Post
    ..if anyone really cares...
    Sure, I'd like to see more/better photos. I'm positive I would have been a buyer at that price. Looks like a decent enough example, especially at that price point.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    Sure, I'd like to see more/better photos. I'm positive I would have been a buyer at that price. Looks like a decent enough example, especially at that price point.
    Same here. I would have been happy to take it at that BIN. I would like to see better photos also.
    WTB/WTT: (1)late E/H marked bcd stock either standard or semi-Kriegs; (2)unnumbered late MO Zf-41 stock, Kriegs or standard stock; (3)transitional late unnumbered type dot stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no cleaning rod hole; (4)unnumbered byf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles; (5)unnumbered E/H bnz standard stock as typically found on bnz.4 and bnz 44 N, O, and P block rifles; (6)any bnz Kriegsmodell stock either with E/H or without

I had watched this for several weeks, and then bought last night. This went through several GB cycles, and on the first cycle it did not have a receiver serial number show.... but the rear sight "9552" initially suggested to me that the rifles was a bolt mm....

But now, the sellers additional receiver pic on GB reveals the bolt matches. Nathan's additional pics were not on GB, and he also shared this serial in January when he first happened on to it. When it get's here, I can do more pics, if anyone really cares...

Don't know why, but when he said it sold I wondered if it was you! Maybe because it was a dot with walnut stock?

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia

The stock was throwing me off. As was mentioned earlier, Nathan's DOT stock pictures were not included with the original auction and I hesitated. You live and learn...

$825 BIN? I guess he should have taken the $800 I offered. He said he was going to try and get over $1000 for it to me, but put a BIN of $825. That guy didn’t play this one well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
    ... I would like to see better photos also.
    Looks like honest wear IMO, w/o cleaning
    Attached Images Attached Images

email => K98@bobinohio.com

Looks like honest wear IMO..
    Just ridiculous Bob. You got a beauty IMO. That walnut looks great.