Third Party Press

Thread: Would this be a good first K98K? BNZ 43

Default Would this be a good first K98K? BNZ 43

BNZ 43

All matching except stock and bands.

Price is $1150.

Would this be a good first K98k? I am looking for a decent collectors piece as well as something i can shoot occasionally. This is about the top of my budget, is this about the best that I can get in my price range?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Save your money, you could do a lot better for $1150. With enough patience you could find an all matching rifle for that price or a really super bolt m/m. Really solid examples always pop up for sale here in your budget.

Thank you for your advice. Can you explain what about the rifle makes it not a good deal? Is it the mismatch stock? I'm very new to Mausers.

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

Looks to me like it’s been heavily cleaned and heavily polished. In this universe here that harms value for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a collector you want to get as close to taken out of a German Solider's hands as possible, this is not that rifle. It's been scrubbed with steel wool or something. For $1150, you can find a very nice rife.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

At least 3 dot43 or 44 matching rifles have been bought recently for under 1k including 1 by me. And I'm not talking some 'honeyhole' or robbed it from a granny nonsense either. As others pointed out, the heavy buffing of the metal, the stock not being particularly crisp and a mismatch at that I'd say he's probably at least $300 over, maybe more. You can definitely find better. Much better.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"